PDA

View Full Version : Peaceful Islands

HappyM
02-22-2008, 01:09 AM
Painted on Canvas Board 16 x 20. I haven't painted for a while, so I'm trying to get back to painting again. Your comments are appreciated. No reference photo..just my imagination.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Feb-2008/10221-LeroyIsland.jpg

Thomas Greaves
02-22-2008, 01:27 AM
Welcome back to the wonderful world of painting.
This might be a simple composition, but i get the feeling that you really enjoyed painting some areas of it.....like that picket fence foreground. Nice sky too.

HappyM
02-22-2008, 02:01 AM
Thank you for the your comments on peaceful Island. This painting is something made up as a painter dream. I hope to get better as time goes on.
Thank you Thomas G. Greaves

arl
02-22-2008, 09:28 AM
This is a calm image. Your imagination works fine.

Lady Carol
02-22-2008, 09:42 AM
Excellent work and it truly is quite serene. Just remember to carry to paint "around" objects. The left most tree, the colour stops on the right and is different on the left. It does look a little odd. So when you are painting, start to think about those minor details.

Good job.

TxAggieDarlin
02-22-2008, 10:31 AM
nice sky and that is hard to do..well, for me.

Nice painting

LavenderFrost
02-22-2008, 04:12 PM
I also like that sky, and painting from imagination is hard.

HappyM
02-22-2008, 04:24 PM
Thank you, Arlene, LadyCarol and TxAqqieDarllin thank you again for helpful
word of advice the problem had painting the water between trees is I alway tip the edge of the tree. I probably neet to paint in the ocean frist then the tree.

Thank you

loobyteacher
02-22-2008, 04:53 PM
The change behind the palm tree is what I notice also. Paint the entire water area before you put in the trees and that will help, also you need a little more range in values, real darks. It seems to have plenty of mid tones and lights. Drawing or painting from memory or imagination is difficult, since we don't have the opportunity to see. You have a nice calm tropical scene. Keep going you are doing great!