PDA

View Full Version : ROCKY & MARVIN (wip)

MCARTERMLB
02-21-2008, 09:46 PM
This is one I have been working on and just making it up as I go. The picture is cropped a bit at the bottom, the parrot is standing on a dog bone. The Boxer and the Parrot are of course my pets. The bird, Marvin, passed away a couple of years back, after about 13 years. Rocky is about 1 year old now. There is also a pencil drawing of him in the drawing forum. (I still have a good bit to go on this one, but like I said i'm just making it up as I go, it's a good way to practice.) I have changed it once already, thats why some areas, like Marvin, have areas that need to be re-painted.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Feb-2008/131792-ROCKY__MARVIN_2_1.jpg

Artchrispy
02-21-2008, 10:10 PM
Greetings from a newbie. I love this! It's sort of surreal. Maybe it's my monitor but there is a collage -like quality about it and at the same time it looks very 3d. Maybe it's the ground level perspective that adds to its dreaminess. Very unique. I wouldn't change too much. I haven't seen your other work yet so I don't know where you're going with it, but I like it the way it is. :thumbsup:

TxAggieDarlin
02-22-2008, 10:46 AM
This is so cute. You just have to like it!! Love the parrot in the snow...yep, it does look surreal

LavenderFrost
02-22-2008, 04:01 PM
You are very brave to make it up as you go, I can't do anything without a plan. It does have a neat 3D quality. Only problem I see is that the puppy food can seems to be floating. I know, you're not done, but a shadow beside the can would help, I think.

MCARTERMLB
02-23-2008, 08:18 PM
Thanks everyone for your kind words.
My daughter said thad it was looking 3d also, like it comes off the painting. I have another one i'm making up as I go, and one of the trees is like that also. It was the first thing my daughter noticed when I asked her to look at it. Thanks again. I guess thats a good thing.