PDA

View Full Version : Billows

RTi
02-21-2008, 04:05 PM
Are the guidelines for posting one thread only for the Gallery? Or does that include studio and gallery? I have a series of waves crashing against rocks that I am rather pleased with that I want to post in the Gallery but before I put those up I need some advise on the white foam areas in my foreground here. Do you think they lead the eye out along the bottom? I am not all the way done with the shadowing in the center and I think I will shadow the white foam against the right hand center rock, any and all other C&Cs welcome. 12 X 16 Arches cp block, Maimeri cyan, cerulean, magenta, sienna and Holbein Cad yellow lemon.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Feb-2008/103647-100_0099.JPG

olliewood0702
02-21-2008, 04:31 PM
Ral, I'm no expert on waves but this is really lovely! You got that foam and rushing wave down great. Your angry sky is wonderful too. The rocks are very realistic and I love the palette you used. I have no critiques because I don't feel qualified to give them on this painting. GREAT JOB!

Moufflon1
02-21-2008, 06:29 PM
Ral, like Darla I'm not qualified to advise here - I just wanted to say how much I like your painting. My eye was drawn straight to the boiling waves in the middle - really convincing.

Pam

mgthorvaldsen
02-21-2008, 08:13 PM
:wave: HI! Raol, you did really well and can be pleased, Your use of color in bothe the sky and water sets tis apart, I love the seaweed effects on the rocks. Very dynamic warer, i'm not getting the sense of the the seafoam leading the eye out the bottom, it appears moe as a backwash,referring back up.

hpthecat
02-21-2008, 08:22 PM
I think the rocks along the bottom "contain" the water quite well, I'm not distracted off the page if that is what you are getting at.

My eye reads it as Marianne's did...the lower righthandish water gives the impression of rushing back to the sea....

Overall, the moooovvvvvvvvvment of this is wonderful, a real russsshhhh.

painterbear
02-22-2008, 07:20 AM
Hi Ral,
Your water, sky, rocks, and waves are really beautifully painted here.

I think your foreground works very well as it is. I find my eye is drawn to the white of the foam on the left side drawing me out of the painting there. Maybe you can kill that a little and leave the COI as the white foam in the left center area.

Are the guidelines for posting one thread only for the Gallery? Or does that include studio and gallery?

It is for one thread only per day in each of the sub-forums. So you may post one thread in the Studio and another thread in the Gallery without any problem. You may also include more than one painting in your thread(s) if you like. :D

Sylvia

Miko
02-22-2008, 09:34 AM
I have just one word: BEAUTIFUL! I hardly can believe that you can do this in watercolor technique! I wish one day I will be able to paint a watercolor like this one. (I'm working on that!:lol: )
Gerhard

RTi
02-22-2008, 01:54 PM
thanks you so much for the kind comments Darla, & Pam. Marianne & Maryann thanks for the critique and I'll leave those whites at the very bottom. Sylvia, I do have 2 more I'll post together in the Gallery, thanks for your critique. Thank you for your kinds words Gerhard:)