PDA

View Full Version : ANNOUNCEMENT!!! New Sub-Forum

Pat Isaac
02-21-2008, 09:39 AM
The Oil Pastel Forum is adding some new sub forums. We have added a talk forum where all discussions, and information threads will go. The chat thread, The Oil Gusher will go there as well. The Studio will remain the same with the sketch thread, challenges, WIPs, and posting of work.
The library has also been revamped in the hopes that threads will be easier to find.
I will start moving the threads today, so I hope this doesn't cause too much of a problem. If you are looking for something just ask...:)

Your OP forum team, Pat and Jane.

LJW
02-21-2008, 09:46 AM
Pat, thanks for undertaking the reorganization. I think the changes you have made to the Library are so helpful in finding material. The new Talk thread will work like the Pastel Talk thread did when we were part of that Forum. All questions and discussions will go there. The Studio is now restricted to postings containing paintings, as Pat mentioned. This will make it easier to see and comment on people's work. Jane

Scarefishcrow
02-21-2008, 11:15 AM
:clap: :clap: :angel:
Pat- This looks great! I can't believe you undertook shuch a task with the deadline of a solo show looming. You have even included some things like the Techniques (and I assume this might include what are referred to as "tips and tricks of the trade"?) forum that had been floating around in some of our heads.

I know I've said it before, but we in the OP forum can never say thank you enough for the sacrifices you make and passion you put into this. As always, this also goes for Jane. We sometimes forget how important her role is as guide.

I hope as we adapt to the new setup that you or Jane might give us a gentle nudge if we post things in threads where they might be out of place.

A big :thumbsup: for you and Jane and your dedication to WC's OP forum. While it is sometimes frustrating that you have trouble keeping up with all the threads you are interested in, that is reall a sign that the forum is strong and healthy.

Thanks again and try to get some work done on your boats!!!:thumbsup:
:music: :heart: :music:

Pat Isaac
02-21-2008, 11:29 AM
Thanks, Bill. We are excited that the forum is growing....not to worry if you put something in the wrong place...I'll move it..:evil: to the appropriate place, of course...
Ah yes, the boats. Tomorrow, I'll be working on them as well as the flowers....:eek: :eek: horror of horros, I ran out of one of the colors and now have to wait for my order to come in..

Pat

AnnieA
02-21-2008, 12:41 PM
Pat and Jane: Whew! You two have been busy! I think it's terrific that you've taken the time to do the reorganization. It's a great idea and will really help all of us - especially the newbies - locate the needed information. :thumbsup:

Many thanks.

Scarefishcrow
02-21-2008, 12:47 PM
Thanks, Bill. We are excited that the forum is growing....not to worry if you put something in the wrong place...I'll move it..:evil: to the appropriate place, of course...
Ah yes, the boats. Tomorrow, I'll be working on them as well as the flowers....:eek: :eek: horror of horros, I ran out of one of the colors and now have to wait for my order to come in..

Pat

I was just reading a blog that Wendy had llisted the link for in the Landscape class. In one of his entries he mentions a book he's reading and gave a few factoids to interest folks. One was that Michelangelo's unfinished painting "Entombment-1501 probably did not get done because he was waiting on his valuable shipment of ultramarine blue from Afghanistan!!!! Hope Jerry's is quicker!!!

:D :D
Bill

Peiwend
02-21-2008, 01:50 PM
Thank you, Jane and Pat, for all your work in reorganizing the Oil Pastel Forum. It will take some time to get used to but will be a great improvement in the end.

__________________________________Wendell

wabbitt
02-22-2008, 11:19 AM
Whoa I logged in last night after class and my poor little brain couldn't comprehend the reorganization. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it this morning but at least words are coming to me, eh? I should have some coffee this morning then.

Thanks Pat, for all your hard work. Just a suggestion, you might want to move the long list of stickies to their appropriate sub-forums except for this one.

Pat Isaac
02-22-2008, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the suggestion, Julie. The library is a closed forum and contains all those sub forums so that people can find what they are looking for. Eventually other threads will go in there, i.e. the February challenge and the classrooms after they have run their course. That is why I can't move the stickies just yet as they are still active.
Does that make sense?

Pat

wabbitt
02-22-2008, 12:44 PM
Sure, thanks Pat. I didn't realize you can't respond old threads in the library (if I understand correctly?)

I've had one cup of coffee now and I am loving the Library organization. However the separation of talk & studio may take a while to grow on me. The non-picture threads were usually more of a technical nature and the friendly chatter usually stayed in the Gusher threads. Maybe I need more coffee...

Pat Isaac
02-22-2008, 01:19 PM
Have more coffee, Julie.:lol: It will grow on you eventually, and it seemed to make sense.
You can respond to the threads in the library, you just can't post anything new there.
Pat

Scarefishcrow
02-22-2008, 01:31 PM
Pat -- You always make sense!

Julie -- If we weren't just a little confused about things then we probably wouldn't need this place, right? OOOOOOH. That might hurt to think about before that next cup of coffee. Sorry.

I see the reorganization as a sign the forum is growing and with growth and more participation it becomes inevitable to create a somewhate more compex structure to sort things out. No matter how you organize there will always be another way that might work better.

Pat -- Keep working (on that boat) and Julie - keep drinking that coffee till thigs make sense (or you have to take a break).

:wave:

Pat Isaac
02-22-2008, 01:33 PM
Yes, we are growing.....:thumbsup:
The boat is on hold as we are having a big snowstorm and I can't get to my studio today. :crying:

Pat

marsias
02-22-2008, 02:05 PM
Hello Pat.

i wish we have also a Sub forum as the oil painting sub-forum " Painting of the Masters" where can discuss/look varius op paintings from the Masters.

What to you think?

nico

Pat Isaac
02-22-2008, 03:20 PM
You could post a thread in the talk forum relating to that, Nico. You could start it off and everyone could join in. How does that sound?

Pat

sparkling
02-23-2008, 04:18 AM
Wow, Pat, we now have plenty of subforums.:eek: :thumbsup:

My only concern is that I'll have to check my posts now thrice to make sure that I posted them in the right subforum :lol: :lol:

Pat Isaac
02-23-2008, 09:10 AM
Silvia, just remember that the sub forums under the library are closed to new posts. We separated these so that people could find the reference they were looking for more easily. You can respond to posts within the library though. Any new posts go in the talk thread or the studio thread.
I hope this is understandable.

Pat

sparkling
02-23-2008, 10:38 AM
Okay, now I got it. That's making life much easier for me :D:lol:

AngelaF
03-03-2008, 09:40 AM
Pat, I got on one day and just mozied around taking in the reorganization before I read this post. I like it. Thanks so much for all or your hard work. This is a great forum and the reorganization will make it easier for people to search for topics they want to see. Angela