PDA

View Full Version : Please help me to find "Limited palette"-thread

littlebeech
02-20-2008, 05:59 PM
Hallo,

Iīm new on Wetcanvas and this is my first post in the OP-forum. In the last months I explored OPs and really love them. I still "struggle" with them as for me they seem to be quite different from the other mediums Iīve used so far (watercolour, soft pastels, pencil, acrylics). After having browsed a bit Iīm sure Iīll learn a lot here.:clap:

Yesterday I found a thread about using a limited palette with oilpastels. Kind of a project with exercises. I thought it could be a good practice for me, but unfortunately I didnīt take any notes of the details (title etc.)to find it again :confused:. Now I have been searching the forum - but wasnīt successful. Before I get mad I thought I could ask you for help?

Thanks a lot in advance and greetings from Dresden,
Beate

Pat Isaac
02-20-2008, 07:21 PM
Welcome to the OP forum, Beate. This may be the thread you are referring to. If not, let me know. http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=282357
The forum are getting an overhaul, today so things may be a little confusing for awhile.

Pat

littlebeech
02-20-2008, 07:39 PM
Thatīs exactly what I was looking for. http://mainzelsmile.ioff.de/froehlich/freu.gif Now Iīm curious how this limited palette works for me.

Thanks so much for your help.
Bye for now

Scarefishcrow
02-21-2008, 12:23 AM
Beate- From one newcomer to another, Welcome as Pat said. I hope you will come back and post the results and share what you learned with us since some of us can use all the help we can get.

Good luck and hope to see you back here.

Bill

littlebeech
02-21-2008, 02:38 AM
Good morning Bill,

of course Iīll post and tell about my experiences.
When I started drawing and painting some years ago I didnīt mind about theory (seemed to be very boring). But again and again I was unhappy not being able to get the results I wanted. I realized that this knowledge does matter and itīs even exciting.
Iīve done some other exercises (valuewheels) inspired by the handprint.com-site. I hope this will help me to find the correct values for a painting as this is another challenge for me. I might post this in another thread.

So see you soon,
Beate

Leo1903
02-22-2008, 02:21 PM
Thanks Beate and Pat for bringing this thread to light again. I was not aware that it existed and look forward to going through it in more detail, as I too would like to get the hang of getting by with a limited pallet - if even just for the occasional plien air! Of course a big thanks to Carly for doing this thread!
Leo

littlebeech
02-24-2008, 02:46 AM
Hallo,

I think some topics are never really "out". As for me in 2005 (when that thread was posted) I didnīt even know that such a medium exists. And the oilpastel community seems to grow :wave:which makes "old" topics interesting again.

Thatīs why I would like to ask if the old thread could possibly get re-opened/continued? I donīt know whether the forum rules allow this.

Greetings from the sunny Dresden

Pat Isaac
02-25-2008, 08:19 AM
Beate and Leo,

We can't move the thread now, but there is a link in this thread if anyone is interested and you can still post to that thread over in the library. Most of the people who posted to that thread no longer participate here so I don't know if they finished their drawings. I never finished mine as it was just a study kind of classroom, using the primary colors.
It is perfectly fine to post to that thread, so go ahead.

Pat

littlebeech
02-28-2008, 04:27 AM
Hallo Pat,

Iīd like to participate in the thread you mentioned, but I donīt know which link you refer to. Could you please help once more?

Thank you so much.
Beate

Pat Isaac
02-28-2008, 07:17 AM
Hi Beate,
Here is the link to the thread.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=282357

Have fun,

Pat

littlebeech
02-28-2008, 04:33 PM
Hallo,

Pat, there was a little misunderstanding from my side - I thought you mean another thread (my English got a little rosty). Thank you for being patient with me :wave:

The thread on using a limited palette has been re-opened :clap::clap::clap:

So see you all there if you are interested,
Beate