PDA

View Full Version : 2 paintings..

Poess
02-20-2008, 03:43 PM
Hi everyone! I've been feeling lonely and angry lately and these are what I painted yesterday...I would greatly appreciate any comments..thanks for looking :)

These are 16"x20".

Bill_E
02-20-2008, 04:13 PM
As far as the paintings, they are very emotive and evocative, particularly the first one. Good composition, interesting use of color and vignetting. I do like them both.

Your mood comes through in the paintings--a good thing :) Painting (any form of art for that matter) can be very therapeutic if we let it be. It is a powerful way of expressing what is deep within that so often defies words. It is also helpful at times to create what the heart desires to provide a positive avenue of healing.

loobyteacher
02-20-2008, 04:55 PM
Bill and I both agree, the first one is the best. I like the way the hair is suggested and runs almost vertically to the left. I like your use of color in both of them. I hope painting them relieved some of the down feelings. Keep up the great work.

dreamz
02-20-2008, 05:00 PM
I really like the first one although the upper left corner would "flow" better with the rest, imo, if it wasn't so angular.

JamieWG
02-20-2008, 05:03 PM
I like the first one as well. I think it works compositionally, and I like the glow behind the figures.

Jamie

gaykir
02-20-2008, 05:19 PM
These are certainly interesting.

Fainsbert
02-20-2008, 05:39 PM
I like both of these paintings. They're quite unusual with lovely colors. I'm so glad you posted them here to share with us. As Bill pointed out, art is very therapeutic and what better place to share than here!
I'd love to see some of your work when you are "up" and hope your positive feelings have resurfaced again.
Lucie

Margaret 59
02-20-2008, 08:05 PM
I really like the second one, Kellie. Fantastic hair.

Linee
02-20-2008, 08:13 PM
Quite expressive and imaginitive. My only crit is that the hair in the second seems to come from low on the forehead rather than from the top of it. I hope you feel better.

sonita
02-20-2008, 08:33 PM
Sending you a big hug and hope you feel better today :)
I really like both of them the same...I can see that there was a lot of feeling involved. Beautiful, both of them.
Soni

Poess
02-20-2008, 09:05 PM
Thanks to all of you for your kind comments!
I prefer the first one along with most of you...the second one's hair does come down too far, you are right Linee.
thank you all for looking!

bchlvr
02-20-2008, 09:05 PM
I like the first one the best...really mirrors feelings.

casualartist
02-20-2008, 09:25 PM
Hollie!!!!!!! it's always a treat to see some of your new work. These two do not dissapoint. They are again, AMAZING!!!! :clap: :clap:

I don't know, there's something about your art that's just absolutely "emotive". It's rare to see that. Very rare.

I would like to know more about your painting process and how you come up with your ideas concerning the subject matter in your paintings.

All your work seems to have a deep spiritual quality to it.

If you can speak on this let us know what's up!!!!

Have a good day. Hope you and your children are doing well. BE STRONG!

CamiTampa
02-20-2008, 09:30 PM
They are not typical. I like the way you put your emotions into your work. Well done. I like the second better.
Cami

*Violet*
02-20-2008, 09:41 PM
great expressions !! ... great that you can paint through your emotions ... that you aren't *stuck* ... they're great pieces too ...

Ms.Understood
02-20-2008, 09:43 PM
I'm sorry to hear your mood is sad and mad, but happy to see what you did with that energy.

As small thumbnails I was instantly drawn to the 2nd one. I actually read that hair as a feathery hat above the brow. I like the little refined strands of hair near the nose. When I then took a look at the first, it was instantly my favorite of the two. I love the tangled foot area, and the defined but featureless figures. I really like the way the hair was handled both in color and composition.

Hope the roller coaster of life has you swinging upward again soon!:heart: