PDA

View Full Version : By popular demand ... :)

scottb
06-27-2002, 05:14 PM
Welcome to the new glass art forum! Stained glass, beads, glass carvings, and more!

Special welcome to all the new glass folks who have recently discovered our little corner of cyberspace. :D

Cheers.
Scott

b2beads
06-27-2002, 05:26 PM
Wow, Scott, thanks! That was quick! In your description you might want to add: blowing glass, glass sculpture, and fusing & slumping - all pretty popular areas.

Thanks again.

B2

paintfool
06-27-2002, 06:05 PM
Great job Scott! Welcome glass artists!

Cheryl

BlackDotMags
06-27-2002, 07:02 PM
HOME! We have a new home!! Yippeee!

Thank you so much, Scott. I was afraid we might wear out our welcome at the former forum. The regulars there prolly didn't know what to think of us! LOL!

I'm quite sure there will be more glass folks coming to join us here. And Beth is right, if you could make mention somewhere of our hot glass cousins, the blowers, fusers, & slumpers, this forum will grow faster than a zucchini plant with Miracle Grow!

Mags :)

coyote
06-27-2002, 07:07 PM
Wow...this is exciting...a whole new forum to explore. Welcome to all you glass-heads! The stuff you're doing is beautiful. :D

Now, what's the story behind this mass migration from another site? :confused:

b2beads
06-27-2002, 07:20 PM
Hey Coyote! I wouldn't call it a "mass migration" exactly. Most of us are members of ISGB (Internation Society of Glass Beadmakers) and they, too, have a forum. It's a wonderful resource and a wealth of information. Huge archives with tons of info in it. What I really like about WetCanvas is the interaction with artists in other mediums as well. (Many of us "lampworkers", as glass work using a torch is called, did lots of other types of art before running into this and becoming addicted.)

I also like the projects on here, and the immediate access to pictures. Also, the critique area - wow! Wish I'd had something like that when I was big into pastels. May have to get back to them as well as my other love, drawing and sketching.

I think it's much more convenient to have our own forum on WetCanvas, but I hope non-glass artists wander in. I know I've been spending a little TOO much time in front of the monitor looking at pastels, sketching, encaustic, etc., etc.

Great forum - thanks for the welcome, all! :clap:

Beth (a.k.a. B2)

Laura Brito
06-27-2002, 07:42 PM
Oh boy! We did it! I am so happy! It is just wonderful that we did it!

Thank you so much all of you, my friends, the people at Wetcanvas and especially Scott who took time even though he is moving to do this, I know how stressful it is for someone when they move and we truly appreciate your effort on our behalf!

Thank you again! Please let me know if you need anything, anybody here for that matter, I will do my best to please!

Thank you thank you thank you!

Laura
the instigator!

candygrrl
06-27-2002, 08:27 PM
Outstanding! Thanks Scott!! :clap: :clap:

It's really cool to have an alternate source to engage in discussion. I certainly am not going to stop reading or posting at the ISGB forum, it's a great resource. But it just seems more laid back here, doesn't it? :p All glass talk all the time, no politics and other sundry stuff. If I wanted to read about that, I would go to a different kind of forum, eh?

I still need to explore the other parts of the site, they sound very cool. I have to say that I never got into sketching, painting, or anything like that. I don't know why, I seem to have involved myself in almost every other kind of art! I think it goes back to my junior high art teacher who said I couldn't draw... :(

Hmm, now to come up with more topics!

Candace

Lara
06-27-2002, 08:57 PM
Thank you Scott and thanks to Laura for turning us on to this forum. Glad to see our own space. I do like being able to post pictures and seeing them immediately. I also really like having a spell check.

:clap: :D :clap:

scottb
06-27-2002, 10:21 PM
My pleasure, all. Welcome to WC! :)

AriadneArts
06-27-2002, 10:27 PM
Congratulations, glass artists and welcome to WC! Don't worry about the rest of us, we wander all over WC all the time. We're most of us pretty curious creatures. I, for one, will be visiting regularly. :D

margaretz
06-28-2002, 12:57 AM
thanks to scott and the rest of WC for this new home. and thanks to laura for bringing us all here! i'm excited to see how this progresses! :clap: :clap: :clap:

geckonia
06-28-2002, 02:00 AM
Hey Laura! You got your own forum, and brought your friends? This is so cool! Way to go! Your recent contributions to the reference library are also very much appreciated. Keep up the good work :)

Anne

Elankat
06-28-2002, 02:01 AM
Yay! Thanks Scott!

When I joined WC, I was wondering why there was no glass forum. Glad to see it's been added now. :D

reynolds
06-28-2002, 02:23 AM
hey glassy ones...welcome:clap:
i will certainly enjoy your work.

JustjoGA
06-28-2002, 03:56 AM
I want to add my welcome to the new forum members... I saw Laura's work and wanted more! Yes, we are a "laid-back" group but we exchange a lot of good information and it's always a joy to see other artists at work...

Modesto
06-28-2002, 05:34 AM
Thank you very much for the warm welcome!
Birds of a feather.

gnu
06-28-2002, 07:20 AM
Glad to have all you folks 'gathering' here!!
We'd be 'shattered' if you left...(puns intended!!!:D )

Mike E etc
06-28-2002, 07:40 AM
Thanks Scott, Laura, and everone at Wet Canvas. I have this urge to buy a lllc Leica, [email protected] film and hit the streets.
Mike E

Laura Brito
06-28-2002, 08:22 AM
Now there you go Mike! I can see doing that too! Wouldn't that be fun! hehe, I am wanting to do a huge floorcloth now (I got the canvas to do it too!) hehe, have been thinking about it alot since I came here....it would look really neat in my living room!

Laura

generationsglass
06-28-2002, 08:39 AM
We now have another place to talk about glass!!!!
I'll be popping on a regular basis!
I wish I had known about WC a long time ago. Most of these mediums I haven't played around with in years. Looking through these forums has made me want to hit up the local colledge art store(it's the best source for art supplies around here, living in Hicktown USA)!

Modesto
06-28-2002, 09:06 AM
Hey Kristian,

Is it considered an issue to post your other glass?
Regardless...they are beautiful.

Love the edit button!
I'm sure without explaining or defining...nobody will make a issue:evil:

I think we are all just a bunch of trail blazers.

generationsglass
06-28-2002, 09:29 AM
Thanks Harold!

I'm not sure if it is an issue or not, didn't want to tread on anyone since I am new here. What the hell, if it is not acceptable they will delete it. Hehehe.

Here are a couple that I did back in April. The stand up one has one of my Mini's in front of it. The Mini is about 2" tall.

Ivyleaf
06-28-2002, 10:00 AM
What a great idea! Glad to know enough folks are interested to start your own glass forum! And I for one rather like looking at nice glasswork, and own a few pieces of it myself.

Kristian, please please start a new thread and show more of your glass works and let the rest of us in on how you do them, I would love to hear about it! Would hate to "lose" those cute pics once this thread is buried, if you know what I mean!

:) :) :)
Ivy

mustcreate
06-28-2002, 06:40 PM
I am totally pumped about this forum. I don't blow glass or create with glass, but I LOVE glass!!

I will be frequenting this forum lots so please everyone....post what you've got!!

thanks !!
em

little dreamer
06-28-2002, 09:41 PM
~hey there glass artists, and welcome to WetCanvas!~ what a pleasure to see you all here and your works of arts.~ i enjoy you all 's works big time. ~
~little dreamer~

joemajury
06-28-2002, 11:03 PM
Hi,
Can I just add a big hello to you all as well, Ive been amazed by all your work already, and will be visiting here often to look in wonder at your lovely creations.
Its great you have your own Forum now, I hope it really takes off for you all.

Joe
;) ;)

jenrou
06-28-2002, 11:09 PM
Welcome! I have already been eyeing someone's beautiful marbles!! Amazing.:D

macbeth7
07-03-2002, 12:27 AM
Thanks to Laura for bringing us to this wonderful place! :clap: Thanks to Scott for giving us our own little place! :clap: Thanks to all of the WC community for the warm welcome! :clap:

Beth:cat:

Glassy79
07-03-2002, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Mike E etc
Thanks Scott, Laura, and everone at Wet Canvas. I have this urge to buy a lllc Leica, [email protected] film and hit the streets.
Mike E

Did he say a lllc Lecica? I wonder if he'd have any $$ left over to get film? You did say you was always broke? Now i can see why! Spend it on glass. Since you told me you have to collect bottles & cans to raise $$ to purchase glass. LOL (gota love this guy)

Richard