PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Greeting Card Illustrators

Steve Toronto
02-19-2008, 03:39 PM
I am an art consultant and work with a group of independent distributors that market greeting cards in over 2000 retail locations across Canada. I invite you to submit your creativity for review. I am currently seeking designs in the following categories; Mother’s Day (humorous and serious), Father’s Day (humorous and serious), General Birthday (humorous and serious), Birthday Male (humorous and serious), Birthday Female (humorous and serious), Wedding (humorous and serious), and Sympathy. Dimensions for final illustrations should 5 ½” W x 7 ¾” H with an 1/8” bleed where required, however submissions need not be any specific size. Cheers!

SharonF
02-19-2008, 10:10 PM
Hi Steve,

I make my own blank watercolor note cards but have been looking to have someone else create/market/sell cards using my images. My paintings are not specific for particular holidays like you mentioned but might work well if you provide the text and theme. You can view my work at www.paintedpath.com (http://www.paintedpath.com) and let me know if you are interested.

Thanks!

Sharon

ewin
02-20-2008, 04:33 PM
Hi Steve,
I was just wondering how this would work. Are you open to work from artists outside Canada. And if so what sort of compensation there is. I am interested in hearing more about it.
Thanks,
Emily

cedarartworld
02-21-2008, 01:21 PM
yeah, same question as Emily, are you accepting works of artists from other countries?

mandybeau
02-29-2008, 07:58 PM
I am a graphic designer and paint also in fine arts, I have done illustration work for a card company before , in my role as Graphic artist, the company moved from the small town where I live and the people did not use computers.
Alot of the stuff was cartoony or whimisical distorted buildings, they were unlike anything out there. I also use the type of art I do as it lends itselves for cards, to advertise my own business.
I can send an example
I live in New Zealand, but see no problems as my friend does interior design work by computer in China, for this country.
My e mail is [email protected] and my name Marilyn Beaucariche

crazyartist62
03-11-2008, 01:32 PM
Steve could you put a web address to look at your business. Please let us know how your submission process works. I think we would like some more details please.