PDA

View Full Version : wow!

jolie
06-27-2002, 04:51 PM
i noticed all the discussions going on about beads, but because i don't do them myself and time has been very limited lately i didn't spend much time looking at them until today. i'm glad i finally looked! i can't ever see myself getting into making beads, but am incredibly impressed with all the wonderful work being shown in the forum!

jolie

craftylady
06-27-2002, 05:00 PM
Well your work is really good. I have seen the angel picture.. I really like it. Well glad to hear you enjoy are work. I have a good time making my beads. Thanks again, Laurie

Nonie
06-27-2002, 10:14 PM
Jolie! I love your collage. The colors are so vibrant. :clap:

jolie
06-28-2002, 04:40 PM
thanks to both of you!

jolie

CarlaAlexander
09-25-2004, 09:29 AM
OK where did you see the collage? I can't skip a collage link. I am addicted.

Juls
09-25-2004, 10:02 AM
Jolie,

I really enjoyed visiting your webiste. Your work is wonderful!

Jolie's Collage work (http://www.joliedennison.com/gallery/album.php?album=collages&lang=en)

hugs~
~Juls

Vaverska
09-25-2004, 11:14 AM
Sorry, I duplicated my post!

Vaverska
09-25-2004, 11:16 AM
Jolie, I took a peek at your collage's and loved them! Your use of color reminds me alot of Cezanne. It is very rich! Mixed media art is very appealing to me anyway, collage seems to allow for so much inclusion of the personal and the evocative!
I wanted to say thanks to you for giving some "props' to beadmakers...so often on WC! I get a response of ...." it's just BEADS!...you can go to Walmart and see a 1,000 of them for Pete's sake"...from other Artists. People who do not do glass arts just do not realize the level of ART and CRAFT that go into these tiny jewels. Beadmaking is still struggling to be recognized as an art form ( and :rolleyes: I have a whole rant on how so many arts that have a strong showing of Female contributors fail to be recognized as "real" Art, which I WON"T share here thank goodness!!!). I am glad to hear from one more person who has looked at beads through new eyes, and appreciates a "new' art form.

Lesleyjoy
09-25-2004, 11:23 AM
Jolie,
Your your artwork is REALLY BEAUTIFUL, and truly inspiring!

jolie
09-25-2004, 04:06 PM
Thanks for all your compliments, guys. It's amazing how well timed they are. I used to work almost exclusively in collage, then gradually over time I started doing less and less of them. I hadn't done any in ages until just last week. I started teaching an art class to children and was showing them how you can collage paper with acrylic paint instead of glue and I was hooked again! I'd forgotten how fun it is to just get messay and sticky. LOL I've completed 2 pieces this week now and have spent the last few days scouring eBay for ephemera.

Carla...If you love to look at collage I always like to recommend my favourite artist, Ann Baldwin. If you haven't seen her work, you must go look! If it weren't for her, I never would have found my own artistic voice. Her work is truly inspiring and can be found at www.annbaldwin.com. There are also lots of links to collage artists in the mixed media forum.

Vaverska...Anyone who takes the time to look at handmade beadwork will see that it's a zillion times better than the factory made stuff you find at Walmart and similar stores. It's such a shame that you guys don't get enough recognition for the artistry in your work. Maybe it will come in time. I think collage was the same way until recently. A lot of people didn't see the originality in it because the found papers and pictures are essentially someone else's work. Some people still don't get that the artistry in collage is about rescuing items that might otherwise be viewed as junk and making them beautiful or being able to use other's images to present them in way that makes them your own. Luckily for all us, we create for ourselves and any kudos is just gravy.

Jolie