PDA

View Full Version : Sad Janette FINISHED

JKiv
02-17-2008, 02:10 PM
This is my daughter feeling sad after one of her hamsters died.
I haven`t use Ingres for a long long time, but this time I tried again... still don`t like it. The pattern on the paper disturbes me a lot. It`s still there, look! So that`s it, I`m done with ingres tryings.

The painting isn`t finished yet, just wanted to tell that I`m not happy with Ingres :lol:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Feb-2008/115276-Janette.jpg
Buy for now, thanks for reading my complaining... :o
Jane K

annepropst
02-17-2008, 03:29 PM
I am not familiar with Ingres. What is it? but, the beginning of the painting is great.

water girl
02-17-2008, 03:52 PM
I agree, Ingres is not my first choice in paper. Otherwise, this is a lovely beginning. I can't wait to see how you finish this.

Colorix
02-17-2008, 04:09 PM
Yup, it takes a lot of dust to cover them stripes. And they are visible on both sides, but if memory serves me, less on the backside. And Ingres holds pastel better than Canson, in my opinion.

Lovely start on the portrait!

binkie
02-17-2008, 05:37 PM
You've really captured your beautiful daughter's emotion well. Great start.

binkie

DAK723
02-17-2008, 05:55 PM
As mentioned, the back side of many of the textured papers are much smoother. Even though it is often referred to as the "wrong" side, I bet just as many people use the smoother side. Looking good so far!

Don

*Violet*
02-17-2008, 07:42 PM
even tho you know she's sad she still doesn't look too much so for someone that doesn't know her or the situation to think the portrait not as sad but perhaps more pensive ... and there's nothing wrong with that or sadness ... i love the bobby pin in her hair ... and i think i'd share your displeasure with ingres too ... gotta wonder who *likes* that ?? ...

ponting
02-18-2008, 01:25 AM
Jane, this is a winner already with or without more work on it. :thumbsup: Grumbacher used to have a paper with a similar pattern in it but not so deep. Didn't like that neither. :lol: On a positive note, the painting will have that unique pastel look to it.

Cheers,Dianna

AliciaS
02-18-2008, 08:27 AM
I like it .. a sweetly rendered portrait!! i like the pose very much..and just think of the lines as adding texture!!

JKiv
02-18-2008, 11:10 AM
Ok, finished this portrait of my daughter. I think its VERY difficult to paint blond hair. Brown hair is easier :eek: I wonder why... Anyway, Janette lost one of her hamsters. Afterwards she was sitting on the sofa and looked soooo sad, I think she was acting a bit so I`d bought her another hamster. Well, I didn`t, we`re still having a discussion about it.

This is on Ingres (never again) and the size is around 25x35 cm.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Feb-2008/115276-Janettevalmis.jpg

C&C always welcome! Thank you for looking!
Have a nice new week! Take care :wave:
Jane K

annepropst
02-18-2008, 03:39 PM
I love this and think it is beautiful. I too like the bobbie pin. Makes it so real. Great job!

fiannah
02-18-2008, 09:39 PM
lots of emotion coming through, beautiful!

Colorix
02-19-2008, 12:41 PM
Aw, it is lovely indeed! You got that rosy complexion. You did a great blond hair.

Blond hair is difficult for me too. I think it is beacuse it doesn't have much of a colour at all, being less pigmented than other colours of hair. So there are usually an amazing amount of green and blue in blond, all over, and pinks and purples and ochres. Brown is brown, with a cool or warm highlight, that is sort of more straight forward.

JKiv
02-19-2008, 01:26 PM
Tack Charlie! Nej, blånd är ingen färg, tycker jag! And on the other hand there`re billions of colours in it... :) That`s weird. You`re right about the brown hair!! Sooo much easier :)

And one other thing: I think it`s difficult to paint a head and ches portrait of a long-haired girl (or a boy :) ). Looks like the hair is...well...cut! :) And if you paint the whole hair, it`s no longer a head and ches portrait, I don`t know what it is, but it looks weird. This Janette-portrait should be a bit smaller but I didn`t want to "cut" the hair. See, another problem... It must be my bed time :)

nana b
02-19-2008, 01:35 PM
I think it's beautiful!

nana