PDA

View Full Version : Silhouetted Tree

surreal
06-27-2002, 01:05 PM
Hi~
This is "Silhouetted Tree", in acrylic on canvas, 10" x 10".
IRL, the tree limbs are all solid black and the edges are sharp.
Please tell me your opinions about this painting.
Thank you.
surreal
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Jun-2002/AUTOsilhouetted-tree300p.jpg

KarenU
06-27-2002, 01:12 PM
Well....if this is the painting that you and I spoke about in chat the other night....I disagree with your concerns on it. It has your characteristic style and I really like the close perspective, for a change. On the other hand, I've seen your other work and would be disappointed if you choose to start doing only close perspectives. :D

In my personal opinion, given your body of work that I've seen, this makes a really nice complimentary addition to it!

surreal
06-27-2002, 02:08 PM
Karen,
Yes, this is the piece I spoke about in chat the other day.
I appreciate your sincere feedback very much.
Nina :)

mf.sutton
06-27-2002, 02:19 PM
Nina, I think this is an excellent painting and although it does miss the wonderful colours that your usual paintings have it does still have the attention to form that I think your pictures demonstrate, I personally prefer your more colourful landscapes I cant help but be impressed by this one as well.

mike

surreal
06-27-2002, 07:07 PM
Mike,
Thanks so very much.
Your comments are very much appreciated.
Nina :D

Southern Style
06-28-2002, 06:23 AM
I like the sharp contast of the black against the background and the curving branches.

Marcia

orchidlover6
06-28-2002, 11:57 AM
surreal, this is good. i like the close up effect of the branches. it still screams you, but i have to agree with everyone else that i would sorely miss your wonderful colorful paintings. those are so serene and peaceful to me. that's not to say this is lacking anything, it's just different.

surreal
06-28-2002, 06:18 PM
orchidlover6 & Marcia,

Thanks so much for commenting.
I appreciate it greatly. :D

Nina :D

Alisa
06-29-2002, 05:28 AM
I really like this, it looks like nightfall and has a mystical feel to it. I expect a moon is rising out of our view somewhere.

Alisa

surreal
06-29-2002, 10:45 AM
Alisa,
Thank you for responding.
Nina :)