PDA

View Full Version : Gotta stop late nights...

susme48
02-18-2008, 03:16 AM
Well, 'cause I only had 30 minutes to paint by the time I got my son to bed, talked to hubby and played in the forums....lol...I thought it was too late to start finishing a portrait...since I get so caught up in them timewise.

Well, here it is after 1am...and look what appeared....and it's big...for me...lol, 16x20. I guess the desire for everyone else's sunflower paintings took over. My whole kitchen is sunflowers....LOTS of sunflowers...and the only painting I have is an old faded print.

Anyway, here it the start; I actually quit when I ran out of mixed paint, only painted a little bit from the tubes....lol. And I need to get a little bit of sleep. These short naps are gonna catch up with me soon...I just can only paint when a certain someone is sleeping....so...

Anyway, let me know what you think. There is always gesso if I am off in composition, or whatever. Sorry about the lighting...I had to use my phone. Too tired to put it in pieces in the scanner and put it back together tonight.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Feb-2008/51170-sunflower.jpg

arl
02-18-2008, 06:37 AM
I think your start is good.

tubbekans
02-18-2008, 08:26 AM
Looking good!

gurleygirl
02-18-2008, 09:37 AM
I think its off to a great start! I have painted many times in the middle of the night.
Tracey

Fainsbert
02-18-2008, 11:38 AM
Great start! Painting is a good way to get into your own little world, Susan, even if it's in the middle of the night. I like this. Keeping it going!
Lucie

Sharrm
02-18-2008, 11:49 AM
Susan this is looking very good already!! Great start, luv the palette. :cat:

I didn't realize till lately that I do my best work in the wee hours. I seem to be more relaxed, and nothing to bother me (Phones, emails, doorbells, noise) etc.
On the other side of that, I don't have children to worry about or hubbys in the morning and can sleep all day if need be. I hate having to stop painting if I don't want too!! :rolleyes: :)

~~Kathleen
02-18-2008, 01:39 PM
Susan this painting could stand as it is right now!
You have captured a wonderful sense of moodiness here.
Impressionistic to say the least.
Are you painting in Sunflowers?:thumbsup:
~~Kathleen

Linee
02-18-2008, 01:40 PM
Yes, this is a nice start. I like the background and I'm looking forward to the blooms.

Take a nap, will ya? :lol:

edtree
02-18-2008, 02:21 PM
:wave: Hi Susan!

Personally, I don't think it needs another stroke! I love it just as it is! :clap:

Elizabeth

CamiTampa
02-18-2008, 11:42 PM
I like it just the way it is . Sign it and hang it in the kitchen.
Cami

gurleygirl
02-19-2008, 07:23 AM
Guess what. I've been painting in the middle of the night again. I guess that's what I get for taking a decongestant before going to bed!:lol: :lol:
Tracey

sonita
02-19-2008, 12:54 PM
ohh Susan, this looks lovely. Composition and colors are great. Can't wait to see the sunflowers in there although I also like it just the way it is :)
Soni

part time artist
02-19-2008, 05:25 PM
looks great so far..I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it next.