PDA

View Full Version : different NZ scene...

gnu
06-27-2002, 01:56 AM
view through to Pukerua Bay, acrylic on postcard 8x4"
for postcards 3 project
:cat:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Jun-2002/Keyhole_rock_for_mike_sutton-1.jpg

donsha
06-27-2002, 02:13 AM
gnu
I like this, especially the colours, its so different. Gives the impression of wanting to peek around the corner to see more.
:clap:
regards
sharon

mf.sutton
06-27-2002, 06:34 AM
This was sent to me in the project:D , as I said there I love it - mike

JustjoGA
06-27-2002, 09:20 AM
What a striking painting... and such a beautiful view... well executed... I've seen photos like this, and wondered if they would translate to paint. This one does! Good work...

surreal
06-27-2002, 10:28 AM
The composition is very unique.
I like the dramatic feeling here.
surreal :)

orchidlover6
06-27-2002, 12:10 PM
wow! gnu this is fantastic!
btw your card still hasn't found it's way into my mailbox :crying:

ThinkSeeDraw
06-27-2002, 12:19 PM
I really like the way the view is cut out of the rock, or whatever the wall is. It throws me off though, i would add a little texture/color to the wall, so it's not so 'black' and shallow. The view through it is just wonderful though :)

KarenU
06-27-2002, 01:05 PM
This is wonderful Gill!! I love the composition and perspective, and the colors are marvelous! So much detail on a postcard size!

gnu
06-28-2002, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by ThinkSeeDraw
I really like the way the view is cut out of the rock, or whatever the wall is. It throws me off though, i would add a little texture/color to the wall, so it's not so 'black' and shallow. The view through it is just wonderful though :)

HEhe, I just KNEW someone was going to say this :D ...the photo really did appear like this on screen, when I printed it to paint from, it printed lighter, there was texture and variation on the wall
but.... it really lost it's impact, I did toss the idea for a while, but decided to go for shock value!!!
I may do several versions yet! and I do appreciate your critique thanks....

gnu
06-28-2002, 05:38 PM
thanks every one for the lovely comments..
donsha, this is just how I felt while on this walk, and one little bay had some sand, and so isolated we felt it was just 'our' beach
while we were there...
Jo...thanks from you that means a lot, I spent a lot of time on the detail of this, I really want to get rocks realistic...still working on this
surreal, ...thanks ...'cause I really like your stuff... glad you like this too.
Orchid, there are 3 out there waiting I think, it will arrive I'm sure....
Karen, thanks, I was hoping ny photo would turn out nice, this nice was a real present!!