PDA

View Full Version : So...you like kids,huh?

Andun
02-16-2008, 05:08 AM
I thank everyone who said they liked the kids on the swings from my last thread.I was so encouraged from your comment s that I am going to do another kid based painting.:D The next one will be of two boys on a roller coaster.I am trying to go for a scared kid and his buddy who is having a ball!! Skin tones are difficult but..what the heck:lol: it is only paint eh! And if I muck it up I can start over:thumbsup: See ya soon!

idylbrush
02-16-2008, 05:33 AM
Have some fun with it Anthony.

sonita
02-16-2008, 08:26 AM
The idea sounds really fun...looking forward to see it :)
Soni

Andun
02-16-2008, 10:29 PM
Thanks Howard and Soni:) I have a few ideas rolling around in my head and have been checking out photos of roller coaters and even a few with me on them from Tokyo Disney Sea.hehehehe Love those rides. We have the Guiness record here in Japan for the highest vertical drop coater called "Fujiyama". That was Cool!!!

Andun
02-17-2008, 01:13 AM
Hi again:wave: Well...I have been working on the boys and came up with something.It makes me laugh whenever I look at it:lol: The boy in the green shirt is sooooo scared while his buddy is just loving the ride! Hope it gives you a laugh too:thumbsup: and if you have any crits I always love to hear 'em. Today is sunday here in Japan so monday and tuesday I'll be away on business so forgive me please if I'm a little slow getting back to you:)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Feb-2008/84252-Rollercoater.jpg

dreamz
02-17-2008, 01:51 AM
the kid having a blast is GREAT. the other kids nose... well..I dont know... I hate doing faces!!! I think his eyes should either be wider open or tightly closed...Id vote 4 closed personally

Andun
02-17-2008, 03:04 AM
the kid having a blast is GREAT. the other kids nose... well..I dont know... I hate doing faces!!! I think his eyes should either be wider open or tightly closed...Id vote 4 closed personally
:wave: Hey Doc!
Thanks for the ideas! They are good ones and here is the new product.I went with bigger eyes and smaller nostrils:D
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Feb-2008/84252-rollercoater.jpg

howyadoin
02-17-2008, 04:57 AM
Hilarious. Great contrast in facial expressions.

The nostrils still look a bit off to me, though - they don't seem to match the perspective of the rest of the painting.

Lulu
02-17-2008, 05:07 AM
Absolutely NO crits from me, just love it!!!
And it would be me in the green shirt too:lol::lol:
oh btw when you're that scared your nostrils would flare too!!!!:D

Andun
02-17-2008, 05:46 AM
Thanks Brett and glad it gave you a laugh:) You are soooo kind Lulu:) I guess I am the guy in Red!! I love a good roller coaster ride!!

sonita
02-17-2008, 08:30 AM
wow, this came out really cool. Love the boy in the red shirt :) Well I would look more like the person on the left and can relate to that fear lol. I like his eyes and I can see the fear in them but I think his lips are way to relaxed. I tend to start holding my breath on a rollercoaster and press my lips together so they appear thinner even pulling downward on one or both sides. The view of them high up in the air is awesome...:)
Soni

gaykir
02-17-2008, 06:04 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Feb-2008/56079--Laughin_My_Butt_Off.gif

In case anyone is wondering, it's laughing my butt off....
I love this!!

~~Kathleen
02-17-2008, 07:36 PM
How grand!
You have them both Bang-On!
I like your work, one never knows what to expect!:lol:
~~Kathleen

Thomas Greaves
02-17-2008, 07:38 PM
It's easy to see who's side you associate with Anthony. You appear to have painted the guy on the right with so much more enthuisiasm. Great subject.

Thomas.

tubbekans
02-18-2008, 01:06 AM
Great fun Tony! Long as I am looking a the painting and not in the scene that is. :D How much did you pay the fella on the left to pose for you? Seems like it wasn't enough! He looks so scared. Nicely done! :thumbsup:

C_Line
02-18-2008, 07:41 AM
How fun! Such emotions are quite a challenge to paint effectively - I'd say you did it very well Tony. There's no doubt what this is all about!

Linee
02-18-2008, 11:24 AM
I'm with Gayle on this. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice crop to emphasize the excitement and fear. :)

SunsetSue
02-18-2008, 04:50 PM
Tony, this is just wonderful, I can feel the exhilaration! The fun and the fear!! Well done!

TxAggieDarlin
02-18-2008, 10:14 PM
This is priceless.....I am so the kid that looks like he is going to throw up.....but he will get on it again. ya never learn ROTF>..great job

Andun
02-19-2008, 12:38 AM
:D What a nice way to start the day!!! Thank you all so much for taking the time to visit my work and I am really happy if it gave your day a little lift as well.That was my intention.I just love the difference in their expressions:lol:

edtree
02-19-2008, 06:51 AM
:wave: Hi Anthony!

How fun and funny! Although the expressions are the show-stealers here, I also like the perspective and the little bit of roller coaster in the background. All put together, these elements make for a fantastic painting. The other thing I love is the your unique choice in reference, as always. What a treat! :clap:

Elizabeth

LavenderFrost
02-19-2008, 11:14 AM
:lol::lol: Good one Anthony!

Andun
02-19-2008, 09:15 PM
Thanks Elizabeth and Michelle:) you are both very kind!!