PDA

View Full Version : The masterpiece...

susme48
02-15-2008, 07:29 PM
I wish there was a way to do this with more fanfare. This has got to be the best painting I have ever done...according to my son.

Hopefully, y'all need a smile, I did. He wanted me to do a portrait of his best friends. I would like to introduce everyone to Guinevere (better known as ribbet-ribbet) and Thumper...believe me they have not looked this clean, or their right colors, in many years....lol.

TA DA...http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Feb-2008/51170-thumperx.jpg

~~Kathleen
02-15-2008, 07:34 PM
....I am grinning from ear to ear here!
What a wonderful painting Suzy.
I can see why he loves it.:thumbsup:
~~Kathleen

sonita
02-15-2008, 07:47 PM
Adorable :) Your son must be on cloud 7 with this picture of his friends. I love how you included their names...i really like it! I could see this as a childrens book cover.
Soni

susme48
02-15-2008, 08:07 PM
Thanks, Kathleen and Soni...he is special needs, and 21, but he will probably always be somewhere between 5-7...tho' parts of him are very 21...lol. At least he let me paint while he watched for a change.

Lulu
02-15-2008, 08:26 PM
Just delightful! Makes me want to paint Bun Bun and Mr Ted:D

MrsG_SoCal
02-15-2008, 09:04 PM
How sweet! I'm sure your son will value this painting forever. :heart:

Fainsbert
02-15-2008, 10:14 PM
MrsG SoCal took the words right out of my mouth! Yes, he will love it forever.
Interesting that he sat still long enough to watch you paint.
As a school nurse I worked with many special needs kids. Has your son shown any interest in any kind of painting...finger painting etc.? Or has he shown any desire to have you paint something else for him?
Lucie

susme48
02-15-2008, 10:51 PM
Lulu NS Mrs G Socal,thanks!

Fainsbert...I was amazed that he sat thru most of the painting, of course we had to do a few other things while I was painting....multitasking....lol. For the most part he is totallly uninterested in anything "artistic", he does not like to color or doodle....tho' he will draw with my mom...but I think that says more about my mom than his likes...lol. He has fetal alcohol syndrome and autism, with ADHD thrown in to help; so he does not sit much. He likes to look at what I paint, and almost always knows who or what it is.

I bought him some water colors, in hopes that we could paint outdoors together, but so far no luck getting him interested...his main thing is he wants me to quit and let the paint dry if he is home.

Maybe one day, who knows? He is still going thru developmental stages, in spite of his age, and the attitude of many educators, so I have not given up all hope so far. Right now our biggest problem is his behavior, which is getting much worse as he ages. When he is "good" Bubba, he is a joy to be with; the rest of the time break out the riot gear...lol.

C'est la vie...it could be worse...and has been...lol.

Linee
02-15-2008, 11:18 PM
Very sweet and special. Maybe I'll need to do a very loved Pooh. ;)

idylbrush
02-15-2008, 11:42 PM
gave me a big ole smile, thanks, i needed that.

romi
02-16-2008, 01:55 AM
nice friends :-)
maybe if you suggest him to paint one of his friends he will like the ideea....or maybe if you paint a part and he will color some....
Romi

Andun
02-16-2008, 04:10 AM
A very sweet painting and you are a great Mom to him too:)

koksie
02-16-2008, 06:28 AM
The both mascots are really sweet. Espacially the frog.

Brigitte

arl
02-16-2008, 07:18 AM
Sweet. A wonderful momento.

tonyjazz
02-16-2008, 08:33 AM
Painting for kids. What a great idea and very personal. :)

gurleygirl
02-16-2008, 08:39 AM
Adorable!!
Tracey

susme48
02-16-2008, 11:47 AM
Linda, that sounds nice, I always liked Pooh. It brings up a question, tho'. His favorite characters on TV are Clifford and (cringe) Barney...which I thought about painting....I know it is ok to do them for him, but I assume that if they turned out any good that I could not sell them due to copyright issues? Or do you just go somewhere and get permission first?

Thanks, Howard...I was hoping that everyone else might need a smile...I realize that I am not the only one in here who leads a stressful life.

Romi....sounds like a good idea, maybe it would work. I can at least try...I bought him the watercolors hoping that it would extend my time to paint...lol, but as I said, no luck so far.

Anthony, I feel so very, very far from a good mom with him...but I do try.

Brigitte, and Arlene...thanks!

Tony, well it was definitely a difference from what I usually try, but I figured that any painting was good practice, since I am so new; and for me, any chance to paint is wonderful.

Thanks! You "guys" are the best!

LavenderFrost
02-16-2008, 04:29 PM
So sweet!