PDA

View Full Version : Wow! I wondered why my website was getting a lot of visits!!

David Patterson
02-15-2008, 12:48 PM
The extra activity is due to an article written by our own Deborah Secor...in which one of my paintings is shown. The Pastel Journal is mentioning the article on their website (artistsnetwork.com) as a preview to their April Issue. It is the one that Deborah wanted input from the WC artists a while back - it's about what we had purchased that we thought was "the best bang for our buck".

This short preview includes 8 pastel artists, and I'm so flattered to be mentioned with the likes of Tom Christopher, Dan Gray, Paul Murray, Frederick Somer, Kitty Wallis, Georgiana Cray Bart, and Perrin Sparks.

So, what was my "best bang for the buck"? I guess you'll have to read the article!:D

Here is a link to the preview: http://www.artistsnetwork.com/article/bangforbuck/

This is too exciting!! Thanks Deborah!:wave:

David

Paula Ford
02-15-2008, 01:00 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

WOW!!! That's great David!! Congratulations on the recognition!!!

Paula :wave:

maggie latham
02-15-2008, 01:14 PM
David,

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap::clap: :clap: :clap:

Maggie

Deborah Secor
02-15-2008, 01:38 PM
Thanks, David! I'm privileged to have a great job that I love doing. I guess my secret is out. :rolleyes: I do a LOT of research here at WC and often try to incorporate the ideas and work of artists I meet here... (Yeah, like that was a secret!)

I have to mention that I originally included an idea that Karen Margulis proposed but unfortunately it had to be cut for length, so that part was sacrificed. :( Karen talked about her blog and how important it was to her growth as an artist, not to mention her connections here at WC. I was so sorry not to be able to include her, but these things happen. I suspect she and others will find an even better chance to have work shown!

David, I'm glad they're looking at your website. Your work shines there alongside the others, trust me! :D

And of course, anyone who wants to can go looking for the original thread, from which some of the ideas came. It turned out to be a really interesting article to write. I still want to get some of the products mentioned there, especially the Ott Light for my studio. I didn't get the 'shopping gene' and absolutely detest going into stores, but I LOVE looking at information online and getting good, solid advice about what works best in others' studios.

Deborah

David Patterson
02-15-2008, 01:52 PM
Thanks Paula, Maggie, and Deborah!

Deborah, you're right, it really is too bad that Karen, and all the other WC artists that contributed to your article research, couldn't of had a little piece of this.

We are very lucky to have you as a big part of this community!

I can't wait to see myself in print for the "first" time ever...way too cool!! :D

David

IdahoHat
02-15-2008, 02:31 PM
David - What a great boost! Definitely deserved - keep on scribbling out those wonderful paintings. :thumbsup:

nana b
02-15-2008, 02:47 PM
Congratulations David! Yor work looks right at home there! Now come down off the ceiling!:lol:

nana

Donna T
02-15-2008, 03:19 PM
That's wonderful news, David! What a dream come true!

Donna

water girl
02-15-2008, 04:26 PM
Congratulations David! Wonderful news! WC helps all of us get to know people we would never have had the pleasure of meeting in person. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Dougwas
02-15-2008, 05:41 PM
Way to go David! :thumbsup: This is great news. I have been a member of WC for almost a year now, and it has been a treat to watch your growth as an artist. You are an inspiration to many people and the neat part is you probably don't even realize it.

Keep it going.

Doug

Tracy Lang
02-15-2008, 06:05 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:
WOOT David! Congrats. I've always loved that painting-it looks great in the preview and I can't wait to see it in print!!!

Tracy

Westerngirl
02-15-2008, 07:10 PM
Congratulations, David! Exciting news. As my Dad used to say, "Ya done good!"
:thumbsup:

bluefish
02-15-2008, 07:41 PM
see that - wearing that 'orange' shirt and 'blue' socks @ IAPS got you noticed!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

all kidding aside, it's wonderful that your outstanding work is being publicized! we really enjoy all your beautiful work - maybe the 'plexi' eggs will be featured next in the 'Artist' magazine - Deborah has a little influence there to and is always looking for a good story!

are you going to autogragh copies of the magazine for your friends? It sure is nice knowing a 'celebrity'!!!!!

'bluefish':wave:

David Patterson
02-15-2008, 08:06 PM
Dang! Thank you everyone, for such gracious and encouraging comments! You all are such amazing people, and I've had such a great time meeting many of you online and at IAPS. Like I said before...this is all very flattering!:)

Phyllis...I've discovered today that my ceilings need to be painted!:D

David

Tracer
02-15-2008, 09:51 PM
:thumbsup: :clap: :clap: :clap: Congratulations!!!

Bringer
02-15-2008, 09:54 PM
Hi David,

That one sure is one of your best. Really well achieved.
Congratulations !
Paul's work is quite impressive, in my opinion.

Kind regards,

Josť

nana b
02-15-2008, 11:40 PM
:lol: It will even be worth painting...the ceiling that is! Do I get an autograph?

nana

David Patterson
02-15-2008, 11:44 PM
:lol: It will even be worth painting...the ceiling that is! Do I get an autograph?

nana

More like, can I have your autograph Phyllis?!:)

Thank you Josť and Tracer!

David

fiannah
02-15-2008, 11:59 PM
congrats!!!! :clap:

bock
02-16-2008, 12:09 AM
Yeah David! Congratulations, that's wonderful!
Pat

Donna A
02-16-2008, 03:14 AM
How exciting, David! That is absolutely marvelous!!! Will look forward to to full article! Yea, David! Et al! :clap: Donna ;-}

Karen Margulis
02-16-2008, 08:54 AM
Congratulations David! I wish you much success from the article. It is well deserved. I am thankful to Deborah for including me and writing a great bit and sad too that I didn't make the final cut.
Enjoy!!!!

Karen

fio44
02-16-2008, 12:36 PM
Congrats David! Very nice piece! I especially like the interaction of the light and shadow!

Deborah Secor
02-16-2008, 12:50 PM
Karen, I just clicked on your web page--congratulations on winning the prize for that beautiful painting on the front! WOW! It's a spectacular piece...

Deborah

Adriana Meiss
02-16-2008, 02:31 PM
Bravo! I cannot wait to receive my Pastel Journal to read the complete article.
Adriana

David Patterson
02-16-2008, 02:37 PM
Thanks so much Joni, Pat, Donna, Karen, Jeff, and Adriana!

Karen, like Deborah said, your prize winning painting is very beautiful!

David

ElsieH
02-16-2008, 03:58 PM
:wave:
Way to go, David!
Wonderful, David! I'll look forward to that article.
Deborah, you are one of my favorites! I always look forward to reading your articles!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Pat Isaac
02-16-2008, 04:15 PM
Congratulations, David. How exciting...:thumbsup:

Pat

David Patterson
02-16-2008, 08:25 PM
Thanks Elsie and Pat!

David

AliciaS
02-17-2008, 01:28 PM
:heart: Well deserved David!! you are so dedicated to your work and such a diverse talent!!! and i know your very hugable...so here is a big hug!!:heart:

David Patterson
02-17-2008, 01:43 PM
:heart: Well deserved David!! you are so dedicated to your work and such a diverse talent!!! and i know your very hugable...so here is a big hug!!:heart:

Thanks Alicia...and just how did you know I am so hugable?:D

David

Dot Hoffman
02-17-2008, 06:17 PM
David, congratulations!! And Deborah, thank you for recognizing some of your WC friends!! What a pleasure to know you both!

David Patterson
02-17-2008, 06:40 PM
You're sweet Dot...thanks!

David

AliciaS
02-17-2008, 07:04 PM
with a sweet and kind face like yours (and i know faces) who wouldn't want to hug ya!!!!!:heart: :)

Mike_Beeman
02-17-2008, 08:16 PM
cograts!

BabyBeeb
02-17-2008, 08:20 PM
WOW! That's awesome! Hopefully some more great things will come of it!
All my best David! Will be looking for Deborah's article with great anticipation.
Brenda

David Patterson
02-17-2008, 08:21 PM
Thanks Mike and Brenda...your comments are much appreciated!

Bringer
02-17-2008, 09:22 PM
with a sweet and kind face like yours (and i know faces) who wouldn't want to hug ya!!!!!:heart: :)

I don't:lol:

Kind regards,

Josť

seosamhin
02-25-2008, 08:13 PM
Congratulations David.
Julia

artinwc
02-25-2008, 08:39 PM
Wow...Congratulations, David! I just visited your website. Great art there. I especially admire your pastels. You are one talented person!:)

Judith

David Patterson
02-25-2008, 08:43 PM
Thank you Julia!

Thanks for visiting my website Judith...and also for your wonderful comment!