PDA

View Full Version : Confused and surprised at myself

susme48
02-13-2008, 06:24 PM
Not to echo anyone else's comments...but while I was waiting last night, to see if anyone would comment on the latest local painting I've been working on...I started messing around. Did a little more work on one of the 3 self portraits I have going for the challenge...and then this strange thing appeared on my easel.

Been wanting, for some reason to do a nude; no rational explanation, just everytime I see one someone else has done, something in me wants to try too.

Next thing I know, this appears....have no idea where it is going....and know that it is nowhere near finished....or whether I will just file it away. It is not quite like what I am used to doing. And I am not sure if that is good or bad, or just nothing at all.

But I thought what the heck....and am posting it anyway.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Feb-2008/51170-nude1x.jpg

Thomas Greaves
02-13-2008, 06:41 PM
It is not quite like what I am used to doing. And I am not sure if that is good or bad,

Expanding ones boundaries and experience, within reason, can never be a bad thing. I wouldn't 'file it away', I would expand upon it, in your own way, in your own time.

Thomas

sun_shine
02-13-2008, 07:40 PM
I love it when creativity takes over & before you know it you have something that is quite a surprise!

gurleygirl
02-13-2008, 07:42 PM
Just let it flow!
Tracey

Andun
02-13-2008, 07:51 PM
You are on to something new already! The coloring looks good:)

purplepansey
02-13-2008, 07:56 PM
It's always fun to try something new, I like to do that myself, so keep trying.

CamiTampa
02-13-2008, 10:48 PM
I looked at your other paintings and noticed that your style is to paint loose, so other than your subject matter I don't see a radical departure from what you have been doing. I like the style and I would like to see where you take it.
Cami

*Violet*
02-14-2008, 05:24 AM
it's great that you're experimenting in untried areas ... especially with the human figure, though, i've always found that painting from life or at least from a photo reference provides the more satisfying results ... it is much easier to get proportions right and poses more precise ... if painting a live nude isn't possible to try i believe there are websites that have nudes for reference purposes ... actually http://paintingdrawing.suite101.com/article.cfm/art_references should provide some ... enjoy your experimenting ... keep it up !!

solonite
02-14-2008, 08:10 AM
She looks like she is in a fog. Great feel to this-keep going.
Susan