PDA

View Full Version : Dates for IAPS ELEVENTH JURIED EXHIBITION

Tatijana
02-12-2008, 06:58 PM
I was looking at the prospectus for the 11th IAPS exhibition and could not find complete information about it. The date for submittals is given as is the date for the opening reception, but I could find no information on when the exhibit is over. The webpage for the Butler Institute also had no information. Does anyone have tht information available to them?
thanks
t

PeggyB
02-13-2008, 01:54 AM
There is information about contacting Brenda Matteson, the person who wrote the prospectus. It does seem strange that there is not only no information about the exact time frame of the exhibit, but also no information about what one might expect to pay a shipping agent to receive the work (if anythiing since it is being sent to a museum, and sometimes they don't charge an agents fee), no infomation about who will be shipping the work back to you nor if you have to pay someone to repackage your work, and not even if there will be any prizes one might expect to receive. I saw only a regular mailing address to use for inquiry, but on the "contact us" link, it looks as though you can send email to her too.

Sorry I can't be of more help to you, but if you get an answer to your questions, please post them here for others to see.

Peggy

Tatijana
02-13-2008, 09:50 AM
Thanks Peggy for replying.
I did email Brenda a week ago, but have yet to receive an answer. That was why I put the question out here. I was hoping you or maybe Deborah(with her connections to the journal) would have some idea. I did send an email to the museum yesterday, but i think that they would just know the closing date and would not have info on shipping dates,etc.
t

Merriel
02-13-2008, 06:48 PM
Tatijana: I pull up the IAPS site and the application was there. Click on the llth
exhibiton date and deadline is Mach 18th from what I could tell. It didn't answer any of Peggy's items though.

merriel

PeggyB
02-13-2008, 09:06 PM
Tatijana: I pull up the IAPS site and the application was there. Click on the llth
exhibiton date and deadline is Mach 18th from what I could tell. It didn't answer any of Peggy's items though.

merriel

Merriel, I understood that Tatijana knew the slide deadline, but wanted to know the rest of the information about the exhibit. Information that one could reasonable expect to see in a properly written prospectus. Who wants to ship work to a show when they don't know how long the work will be tied up there, what any extra expenses might be if they get into the show, or go to the expense of entering, shipping, etc if they don't have any possibility of winning an award?

Tatijana, I'm sorry you've not had a reply from Brenda. I've heard this complaint all too often before. Usually the reason given is she is busy traveling or something to that effect. I really don't know what it is this time. Non attention to little detail such as this (and others) is one reason many competitions don't have a great number of entries.... However, I can't say that is true about these IAPS competitions. Most IAPS directors have absolutely nothing to do with the operation of the organization nor are we kept abreast of details. We're just "window dressing" :lol:

Peggy

Merriel
02-13-2008, 11:01 PM
Peggy: Gee and I thought I was some help here. Guess I didn't read enough.
but I agree, the items you bring up are very important to people sending paintings. Glad you pointed this out. Maybe there going to let everyone know after they get the slides and its juried. Oh well, sorry I wasn't any help. I tried.

merriel

PeggyB
02-14-2008, 01:59 AM
Peggy: Gee and I thought I was some help here. Guess I didn't read enough.
but I agree, the items you bring up are very important to people sending paintings. Glad you pointed this out. Maybe there going to let everyone know after they get the slides and its juried. Oh well, sorry I wasn't any help. I tried.

merriel
Gee Merriel I didn't want to make you feel badly :o I just thought you didn't understand what I'd written so I wanted to be clear about that. I don't think repeats of information go to waste because sometimes the way one person states something is more easily understood than the way another person states the samething only in different words. Now was that statement clear? or clear as mud! :lol:

As for letting people know about additional expenses after getting in to shows well I just don't think that's fair. I won't enter such competitions because sometimes those expenses can be huge!

Peggy

Tatijana
02-25-2008, 04:59 PM
Thanks for trying to help.
Sorry I wasnt able to reply promptly, but I was out of town. But I did get a reply from the museum with the dates of the exhibition
June 8-August 3, 2008
So now I/we just need to find out about shipping to and fro....
t