PDA

View Full Version : The Pourhouse

XenophonicScream
02-12-2008, 04:57 PM
First : Background Information

I was approached about 2 months ago to come up with a design and do a very large painting for a cafe that my church decided to build/sponser. I was very honored to be asked to do this, as I was the only person asked to do something. I came up with a few sketches and the church paid for all my supplies, and I've been working on this for the last month or so.

The Pourhouse looks great, and everyone loved the painting. I had a great sense of accomplishment when Tim Thompson, the guy who comissioned me, called me from their opening day, raving about the painting and how great it looked. For those who don't know, I moved to St. Louis, MO this weekend so I can't go visit the cafe yet but I will be stopping in on my next visit to Bloomington :)

But here's a photo of the painting on the wall, and another of the people who have made the cafe happen.

The Pourhouse
48"x60"
acrylics on canvas

Kae Towers

danreed
02-12-2008, 05:31 PM
Hi Kae,

Congratulations on the painting! It looks great. Its no wonder why they are so happy with it.

Dan

SunsetSue
02-12-2008, 05:45 PM
Kae, you must be ecstatic!! Well done. I love this bold piece, it must be quite impressive in person.

Linee
02-12-2008, 06:25 PM
Congratulations. It's a very expressive piece of art that fits the surroundings nicely. The red especially looks good against the green wall.

LavenderFrost
02-12-2008, 06:30 PM
Congrats from me too. It's so bold and bright, I bet it really adds cheer to the room.

XenophonicScream
02-12-2008, 07:34 PM
Thank you, everyone ^__^

susme48
02-12-2008, 09:59 PM
Kae, it is really terrific. What a wonderful way to give back and a great job.

Thomas Greaves
02-12-2008, 10:05 PM
Nicely composed, and great proportioning of the hands. Nicely balanced colours too. Well done :thumbsup:

Lady Carol
02-12-2008, 11:48 PM
Fabulous work. What is the image in middle of the cup?

XenophonicScream
02-13-2008, 12:48 AM
Fabulous work. What is the image in middle of the cup?

Its supposed to be a loose rendition of the earth/a globe ^^