PDA

View Full Version : Brush Tote

purplepansey
02-11-2008, 09:23 PM
Are you one of these individuals who hates to throw out things that might have another use other than what they were originally meant for? Like plastic containers that end up in landfills.

I took a large MH coffee container, had my husband cut out four circles in the lid, three large one small to go over the handle area, I put some padding (another recyclable) in the bottom of it so the brushes don't move around and rattle and now I have a nice tote for my paint brushes. It has a very nice handle that makes it easy to pick up.

Here's the picture of my project. What do you think?:smug: :cat:

Lady Carol
02-11-2008, 10:39 PM
That's cool. The brushes in the handle going off at an angle would drive me nuts but then that is me.... :lol:

Linee
02-11-2008, 11:02 PM
Good idea, and a whole lot neater than my collection of old mugs and bottles for containers.

idylbrush
02-11-2008, 11:29 PM
Well, aren't you a clever one. Congratulations. Very good.

Jayde
02-12-2008, 05:19 AM
Yes Purple, I don't like throwing out plastic containers that end up as landfill, and I think this is a great idea! You're a clever girl for thinking up this one!

Cybergranny
02-12-2008, 07:35 AM
You go girl. Great idea. Certainly better than something breakable.

gurleygirl
02-12-2008, 09:31 AM
Now that's really creative. I think I just might snag that idea!
Tracey

purplepansey
02-12-2008, 11:19 AM
Thank you all for your comments, hope you make one of these for yourselves.

edtree
02-12-2008, 07:02 PM
:wave: Love this idea, Purple! I have a couple of these I've been keeping for "something" so I will try this. Thank you! :D

Elizabeth

purplepansey
02-12-2008, 07:12 PM
I'm glad I've inspired you to make one, at least it won't end up in the landfill.

edtree
02-12-2008, 07:25 PM
No landfill plastics from me, Purple. I'm an avid recycler. I do like alternatives uses for things though and I just KNEW there must be some for these coffee containers! Thanks again! :D

Elizabeth

purplepansey
02-12-2008, 07:45 PM
Elizabeth and other recylers, if we do our part that's all we can do except to encourage other to do likewise.

I also hate seeing good water running down the sink knowing that some thirsty plant or animal would love to drink it. If we all do our part, we can make a difference. :clap: :thumbsup:

susme48
02-12-2008, 09:57 PM
Cool idea! I've been using old Kool-aid Containers for my brushes, so that I can sort them by size and type, and then the lids are good for soaking...and so are old butter containers....when they get too "painty" I just toss them out.