PDA

View Full Version : Someone cyber slap me....

oicclouds
02-11-2008, 04:32 PM
...to remind me that I just started painting in Sept and there is no way I'll be producing a masterpiece anytime soon! :crying:

Arrggghhh!

Jeez, all this over rose leaves.....

Vicki

dreamz
02-11-2008, 04:33 PM
LOL...been there

tubbekans
02-11-2008, 06:44 PM
Slap :wave: slap :wave: take that! Ahhh what a relief to let someone have it cyberlly. Is this the instand gratification smily? :D

Anyway, why do your masterpiece so early anyhow? What would you do for an encore? Nope better save some for later and let the tension build a little. Course, I am not really familliar with your painting anyway. Heck, plenty of time to wander around here and try out some of the classroom techniques first. Maybe some time spent learning how not to do it is a worthwhile investment? I must believe that, cause I am still working on the how not to do it myself! :eek: De-stress not distress! :cool:

Jayde
02-12-2008, 05:21 AM
So you won't be producing the masterpiece like the one I've been talking about for years? What's wrong with you girl!!!

phobden
02-12-2008, 07:07 AM
Well its true patience is a necessary ingredient, but please don't paint with the idea that your painting will be inferior. Masterpieces are not only the result of technique.

I pretty much think every one is going to be it.

Doesn't always happen :lol:

Mixael
02-14-2008, 12:14 AM
Gee, Vicki, I only started in September and I've painted about 1,000 masterpeices! Of course, those are the ones that I painted in my mind but have been afraid to commit to canvas! I don't think anyone actually should "plan" their masterpeice(s). Just let them happen. Of course, the one YOU think is the best may be the one others don't like while the one you like the least is the one that demands the highest price later. If I can ever get back to my mountain scene, and finish it, THAT will be my greatest piece to this point, and therefore my masterpiece. Of course, I paint for me and not for the rest of the world (well, my wife and kids DO get some say about it, but I still paint for ME) Now, could someone tell me if I actually responded to the topic or just hijacked it? Michael

C_Line
02-14-2008, 01:01 AM
Vicki - I regularly have to remind myself not to compare myself to others. I'll never be anyone but me. WC helps us though to take a look back at our own work from 6 months ago and see our progress.

Take it from someone who's painted a few flowers, it ain't easy! I stayed away from painting roses until a recent painting as they were psychologically so intimidating to me. But, you never know what you can do until you try! Keep at it, if you're enjoying the process and you'll paint your masterpiece. Practice, practice, practice. I guarantee, 6 months from now, you'll look back and be proud and amazed.

Ms.Understood
02-14-2008, 11:40 AM
:lol: Terribly funny--even this early in the morning!

Get a grip on yourself woman!--(smack, smack!)

I started painting over a decade ago (almost three decades if you include a year of private lessons at age 10...). "Masterpieces" are scattered ALL throughout my house!:p

Now you've peaked my curiousity--will we ever see these infamous rose leaves?:confused:

buddingartist
02-14-2008, 01:44 PM
Here's a few more slaps Vikki:lol: My God, woman what's taking you so long:lol:

Leaves, flowers, skies, water, trees, figures, etc, etc, are all still a challenge for me after 2 years.:eek:

CamiTampa
02-14-2008, 06:18 PM
We have all painted masterpieces. Why shouldn't you? I painted my first one in kindergarten and someday I'll paint my second, you'll see.

Cami