PDA

View Full Version : My God :: Serious WC withdrawals

mrking
02-10-2008, 11:02 AM
Where or where did my WC go last night?

Phew, glad it is back up and I can get my fix!!! :D :D :D

Pat Isaac
02-10-2008, 11:17 AM
It was down most of yesterday, but all seems fine now. Yea.

Pat

Colorix
02-10-2008, 11:31 AM
Something like 22 hours plain Cold Turkey! (shudder) Ahhh, this is so much better! And I simply *have* to rush out for several hours, and right now when the site is back on! Eeek.

Rusla
02-10-2008, 11:34 AM
It was probably a server thing, that is usually what will take a site down for a long time. At first I thought it was my internet connection. At work I expect that but when I got home it was the same so, I knew the site was down. There was panic in the streets when it was missing.

Randi-Lee

Deborah Secor
02-10-2008, 12:25 PM
How I spent my withdrawal time...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Feb-2008/23609-im-going-crazy.jpg

Deborah

Paula Ford
02-10-2008, 12:35 PM
LOL.....that says it all!!

David Patterson
02-10-2008, 12:54 PM
Hey...I found out I'm married!!:o

You look great in the shower Deborah...well slap me silly...don't ban me Kat, or Pat!:evil: :D

David:)

Pat Isaac
02-10-2008, 01:02 PM
Perfect!!!:lol:

Pat

bogbeast
02-10-2008, 04:53 PM
Deborah, that's excellent--you had me laughing out loud!!!

maw-t
02-10-2008, 05:14 PM
LOL Deb!!!! That is EXACTLY how I looked & my words exactly.. toooo funny!! & David I DID notice my husband a time or 2 yesterday....Yikes, let's hope that NEVER happens again!!!

bchlvr
02-10-2008, 06:31 PM
Exactly how I felt Deborah! I kept checking over and over for it to come back on.

IdahoHat
02-10-2008, 10:40 PM
Me, too, Linn. :o We don't turn on the computer on Sunday morning because we are getting ready for church and then we are not back until late, since we had a dinner afterwards and it's 25 miles back home. So.........guess where I clicked first? Yep, WC. Whooo, so glad it's back. Hi everybody! :wave:

maggie latham
02-10-2008, 10:46 PM
:) Everyone

You guys are TOO funny!:D :D :D Although I must admit that we actually had a hot meal last night, and I discovered where the Vacuum had been hiding!
The big question isdid any of us actually do any painting?:lol:

Maggie

Merriel
02-10-2008, 11:01 PM
Deborah: Love your sense of humor. I never get email and when I do
Wetcanvas was down. Your picture perfect!.

merriel

RooGal
02-11-2008, 12:04 AM
I kept checking over and over as well. So glad it's back up and running. Yes Deborah, that photo sums it up. I did manage to get some painting done, and I hid the vacuum.

Hooray!!

BabyBeeb
02-11-2008, 12:40 AM
I though my computer had a heart attack, or suddenly became very slow to load! You guys are way too funny! Such humor, I laughed out loud and my husband was mumbling...."what's so funny?????" He didn't quite understand the importance of the WC addiction....hee hee

CJMonty
02-11-2008, 01:13 AM
I thought there was something wrong with my internet connection but then realised everything else loaded up OK.

Deb, My reaction exactly as I check here several times per day and it was gone for Soooooooo Long.

Glad its back again. :clap::thumbsup:

Take Care
Lots of Love Carolynn :):):heart::heart::heart::heart:

Rusla
02-11-2008, 01:21 PM
Well, we kind of had a mini instant replay of Saturday this morning. Yes, I am sure we were doing our portrayal of Monks "The Scream."

Randi-Lee

mrking
02-11-2008, 01:22 PM
Yes we are. I think it is time for F&W Publications to kindly upgrade the server hosting WC to allow for all the traffic it is getting.

Rusla
02-11-2008, 01:59 PM
I have noticed for quite some time that connections have been slow. They do need to upgrade it because this is a very busy site. I can literally say it is one of the busiest I have been on. I have been an admin in the past to some IRC sites, and they were not as busy as this site.

They need to get more hamsters to spin the wheels.

Randi-Lee

Rusla
02-11-2008, 02:00 PM
Great! It sent the above post twice.

Randi-Lee

PeggyB
02-11-2008, 07:04 PM
I have noticed for quite some time that connections have been slow. They do need to upgrade it because this is a very busy site. I can literally say it is one of the busiest I have been on. I have been an admin in the past to some IRC sites, and they were not as busy as this site.

They need to get more hamsters to spin the wheels.

Randi-Lee

Hamsters indeed Randi-Lee. This site is loading so extremely slowly every since F&W took over and began running so much advertising that I'm not spending anywhere near as much time here because it is just to darn frustraing waiting for a page to load.

Peggy

Donna A
02-11-2008, 07:58 PM
YES!!!! Just toooo slow! At first I thought it was my computer just beginning to load slower---but no! It only happens for me on WC---when the servers are working. Please---WC---get this working like it used to back in the "good old days!" :-) We love our community!!! Donna ;-}

Rusla
02-11-2008, 08:22 PM
I know they are running ads to pay for the site, that we can all appreciate. However, they need to upgrade and to more power and probably another server. I know they charge for the ads and let's face it I know how much at least two of their partners have made off of me in a month. That alone would be enough for another server.
I hope the site does not have any more emotional problems.

Randi-Lee

Deborah Secor
02-11-2008, 08:33 PM
Emotional problems, indeed! One thing we can do if the site goes down is google the words "WetCanvas withdrawals" and meet in another location... I can see it now: WetCanvas Refugees meet here!

I wonder, does it help to post our pleas on the WC Site Discussions page? I guess it can't hurt to mention things, but I bet they're well aware of the needs, don't you think? I mean, this is their business!

**Mike was there already! http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=476856

Deborah

Rusla
02-11-2008, 08:49 PM
We could do a yahoo group of Wet Canvas Refugees. If we go through another Wet Canvas holocost from it's emotional temper tantrums. In case they are reading, I do know how much it costs to maintain a website of this caliber and I do know the price of servers also.
But with all the ads, I would believe they are doing fairly well.

Randi-Lee