PDA

View Full Version : Good Earth online art competition

Deborah Secor
02-08-2008, 02:42 PM
I thought I'd point you all to an online opportunity that looks good. It's in association with a webzine called www.CreateBetterPaintings.com. The director is credible, Jennifer King, and the show isn't overly expensive to enter.

Check out the Good Earth (http://www.createbetterpaintings.com/GoodEarthProspectus.php)show here.

I figure we need to snow them with pastels!

Deborah

PS No, I'm not affiliated with this in any way--just looks like a good opportunity to me!

PeggyB
02-08-2008, 07:04 PM
I thought I'd point you all to an online opportunity that looks good. It's in association with a webzine called www.CreateBetterPaintings.com (http://www.CreateBetterPaintings.com). The director is credible, Jennifer King, and the show isn't overly expensive to enter. Deborah

You are right about Jennifer King, Deborah. She was the last editor of the Pastel International Magazine - a fabulous publication - before going on to other ventures.

The $85US per entry fee will probably be self limiting though! On th plus side: not size limit, no framing, and no shipping fees as all entries are via email! :)

Peggy

chewie
02-08-2008, 07:31 PM
peggy, not sure what you seen, i think it says $8 per entry, not $85?

Kathryn Wilson
02-08-2008, 08:31 PM
Yeps, I saw $8 per entry too.

Deb, this looks great! Thanks for the heads up.

Donna T
02-08-2008, 08:58 PM
There's a great interview this month with WC's own Marc Hanson.

Donna

Deborah Secor
02-08-2008, 09:40 PM
That $8 was what attracted me, too!

Jennifer King is definitely credible. I remember once many years ago when she interviewed me and I told her I wanted her job! :lol: Little did I know that I'd end up writing for the same magazine.... I didn't get her job, exactly, but I did kinda come close!

Deborah

Rusla
02-10-2008, 12:25 PM
I definitely saw $8. Thas is also what attracted me. I am going to try to do one with PP's and with Oil Pastels.

Randi-Lee

David Patterson
02-10-2008, 01:02 PM
Peggy...I have just two words for you...reading glasses!!:lol:

PeggyB
02-10-2008, 04:47 PM
Peggy...I have just two words for you...reading glasses!!:lol:

Oh dear, maybe the problem was I did have my glasses on! :lol:

I'm very happy to know the true price. $8 is indeed very reasonable.

Peggy

Deborah Secor
02-10-2008, 10:25 PM
Had to laugh--that would be the problem for me, too! If I put the glasses on I can't read a thing! :lol:

Deborah