PDA

View Full Version : Mast... a detail (x-post from Marine)

Viuhti
02-07-2008, 07:03 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Feb-2008/106831-masto.82.jpg

Ive had the roughest time lately. My husband got gradually worse. I was fortunate enough to be able to keep him at home. But the fight is over. He passed in my arms in december.
I have been mostly painting with pastels since.
This is a mast I actually painted in the summer, but had a hard time with the photo and glear. I originally painted this one with pastels too, but had to try it with acrylics as well. The blue is more striking here, could not give up the saturation. The wood grain Im pleased with. Thank you for looking.

C_Line
02-07-2008, 08:04 AM
It's uncanny that you posted this today as I was just thinking of you yesterday, wondering how/where you've been. I'm so very, very sorry for your loss. I'm glad you let us know as you've been missed.

Pirjo, you really excel at these. I love the magnified viewpoint bringing the image close to abstractness. I bet your pastel version is terrific too.

Charlie's Mum
02-07-2008, 09:34 AM
I'm so sorry about your loss - but I'm glad you could be with him when he needed you most. ... you must have been devastated.

I'm glad you can paint again - hope it's helping.

This is beautiful - love that strong blue againt the orangey-browns ... super work!

idylbrush
02-07-2008, 09:52 AM
I am so sorry to hear of your loss and send my best wishes. I know you will be fine.

Lovely work and the detail is amazing. Welcome back. Glad to have you here again.

Jon
02-07-2008, 10:15 AM
This is a beautiful painting in every way! Thank you for sharing it with us.

I offer you my deepest sympathy on your loss. Words are not sufficient in such times.

Welcome back.

gurleygirl
02-07-2008, 10:15 AM
I am soooo sorry for your loss.
You work is amazing.
Tracey

Linee
02-07-2008, 10:21 AM
I'm saddened at your news. I pray comfort and peace for you.

Your painting is beautiful...amazing! Such a solid, realness to it! The color is gorgeous.

gaykir
02-07-2008, 10:26 AM
I'm sorry for your unbearable loss. Nothing I can say wil let you know how much I feel for you!

Your painting is exquisite. I love the detail.

dreamz
02-07-2008, 01:17 PM
Condolances on your loss but you can take peace in knowing he's no longer suffering although I know that doesnt stop the pain.

This piece is absolutely spectacular:thumbsup: When I was young we had a sailboat with the same type of rigging right down to the color of the mast. thanks for the memories

scottsart
02-07-2008, 01:35 PM
Viuhti, I too am truly sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family.

This piece is truly fantastic!!! Love the depth of color and the detail. I am still struggling with the whole background thing, so I would love to hear more about how you achieved such a great looking gradation there as well.

Best wishes!

Viuhti
02-07-2008, 02:54 PM
Thank you so much for your sympathy, Celeste, Maureen, Howard, Jon, Linda, Gayle, Dreamz and Scott. I feel that I am with my family here. I am still sort of in shock. Cannot believe it yet. Will not. So many things are over, impossible or in the least difficult now. I have a big motorboat that will have to go... my sons are too inexperienced to take it out. Or even learn boating with it. Such is life.
As for the gradation, Scott. I had four different shades of blue and white. Started with the darkest shade at the top. Gradually started to add some of the second color. Working all the time very fast, leaving some brush strokes visible. My experience with pastels were a great help. Only the acrylics can be so slow in comparison...

lilbelle
02-07-2008, 03:15 PM
So sorry about your loss of your husband Pirjo. My deepest sympathies to you and your family.

Your painting is marvelous!! The wood, the rope, the mast, everything is perfect! I love it!

CamiTampa
02-07-2008, 06:11 PM
I too am very sorry for your loss. My sympathies.
The painting is wonderful.
Cami

*Violet*
02-07-2008, 06:59 PM
so sorry to hear of your loss ... it's unimaginable to me what you went through and what you still must be going through ... i wish you strength ... and admire your ability to pour yourself into painting which you have such an ability ... this painting is fabulous ... again, strength be with you ...

Paulafv
02-07-2008, 08:54 PM
My deepest sympathy. Such a difficult time for you and your children. You will always have the comfort that you were there at the end, as difficult as that may have been then, it will bring you peace in the future.

Don't dispose of the boat immediately. Wait until you are ready and have thought it through. Your children may not be experienced now, but they can be taught. Go slowly while you are in such deep distress. My very best wishes go with you.

Paula

Paulafv
02-07-2008, 08:56 PM
Forgot to say what an excellent painting this is, as you always do. Excellent and beautiful.

LavenderFrost
02-07-2008, 09:11 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. The painting, though, is wonderful.

Shirl Parker
02-10-2008, 04:32 PM
This is excellent, and very nice to look at.

Shirl