PDA

View Full Version : Cool web tools!

timelady
06-25-2002, 07:04 AM
I've spent the last few days trying to beef up the hits to my site to get more sales.. joining newsgroups, eZines, etc. (It's so time consuming!) One newsletter had a link to Bravenet which provides free tools for your website like polls, forms, etc. I was so impressed that I've spent the whole morning putting new cool stuff on my site! Heeheee!

The scripts run from the Bravenet site, so you don't need to have scripts or anything on your server. It's really easy, you just insert the html they give you into your page and then edit the options through your membership page.

Oh, and if you do fancy joining feel free to go through the banner on my site, since I joined as an affiliate.(sorry, is that too cheeky?) Or you can push me aside and just go to http://www.bravenet.com :D

Still need to add a links joining form - which will be much easier since I'm so lazy at adding people's links to my site. But I really want to, honest. What do people think of a guest book? I'm not sure about that one but they have it. Anyone using one? Do you actually get nice entries?

Tina.

CarlyHardy
06-25-2002, 11:07 PM
Remember, for a link to be effective, it must be reciprocal.
carly

waynebrekke
06-26-2002, 09:24 AM
interesting, will have to get my web guy on it. could you either post or email some suggestions on where you are submitting to the newsgroups etc. i am also trying to blanket the internet for my site. any suggestions would be helpful on how you are doing things. thanks!!

timelady
06-26-2002, 02:20 PM
I started out at Workz.com (which may have been suggested here?) and eventually found links to lists of newsgroups. I'll tell you now though, so far they're awful. They just seem to be completely spammed by ads, with many not even about art. I don't think anyone looks at these lists if there's no discussions to be honest, so I've only posted a couple messages. One to alt.art.marketplace because at least it's appropriate to the newsgroup to post about your art galleries, etc. (I posted about a sale.) And one to nf.arts, but only about the art I'd done from my residency in newfoundland (that's what nf stands for). I don't believe in just joining in and advertising myself - I believe in trying to be a contributing member of the list first. Ah well. :(

Tina.

kelly
06-29-2002, 11:14 AM
Hi Tina,

First time ive dropped in here ;)

ive found my guest book as been good for traffic....

http://kellymoore.net/guest/guestbook.html

Kelly

tammy
07-02-2002, 08:10 PM
People say such nice things in guestbooks but some of them try to use it to advertize their site or service. EX. Love your site... then the rest of what they say is about their site!
Inovative? ;D

pl_kpprt
07-03-2002, 12:07 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Jul-2002/happy_birthday.gif

timelady
07-03-2002, 06:54 PM
Heehee, thanks :) I'm 32! Even years are always excellent so I can't wait to see how my art takes off this year (it will it will it will! positive thinking)

Tina.

Sumafra
07-03-2002, 10:56 PM
Happy birthday, Tina. :music: :music: :music:

surreal
07-04-2002, 10:32 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY - TINA !!!

kjsspot
07-04-2002, 01:33 PM
Hey! Happy Birthday!! Day late but the wish is still the same. ;)