PDA

View Full Version : wetting spray.

idylbrush
02-06-2008, 07:33 AM
We started to have a discussion about this last year. I got my bottle out again today and will be back to using it again.

Anyone had any experiences with this material?

So far I rather like it. Makes the paint feel slick to my hand anyway.

Clever
02-06-2008, 10:06 AM
I must not have been around for this discussion. Can you describe the product and tell who makes it? What does it say it is used for on the bottle?

idylbrush
02-06-2008, 10:50 AM
Here is how it is listed in the Blick on line catalog.

Liquitex Palette Wetting Spray Liquitex Palette Wetting Spray slows drying time of acrylic color on palette or canvas. It also improves color blending. Simply spray and re-spray as needed to prevent acrylic paint from skinning over.

I find it makes the paint a bit slicker and does improve blending. Rather interesting stuff.

Lady Carol
02-06-2008, 10:50 AM
errrm OK, I missed that discussion too....

BeeCeeEss
02-06-2008, 02:18 PM
I've tried it, Howard, but the nozzle kept clogging up on me. It's bunged up tight right now. I've read that you can also spread (or spray) it onto your painting surface and paint into it to help keep the paints wet and blendable. Now that's something I'd like to try.

Beverly

Linee
02-06-2008, 02:25 PM
That might be something worth trying, especially when doing plein air.

idylbrush
02-06-2008, 03:05 PM
I used it on a black blank this morning around 5AM. I was using a carbon black golden and it usually dried by 30 minutes or so. I am trying to mount the artwork at 2 PM and there is still a slight tackiness to the surface. We shall see where it leads.

It did extend the blending time. I would highly suggest to use it sparingly.

BeeCees, I have a bottle I left in my studio over the summer with no air conditioning, a dehumidifier running and it is still working fine for me. I have also learned to put small amounts in a 2 ounce spray bottle from the hardware store, get one with a cap so it isn't exposed to more drying air than required . So far I am feeling as though it is certainly worth experimenting with.

sonita
02-06-2008, 11:48 PM
Have to get it on my next shopping trip and try it...sounds really useful. Thanks for the tip :)
Soni