PDA

View Full Version : The Oil Gusher Feb. 4 - Feb. 10

Pat Isaac
02-04-2008, 07:04 AM
Good morning everyone,

We have been having a nice few days, though we did have a soaker for our opening of the show. However, it let up a little and the opening was a big success, lots of people there.
I have a busy day today so won't be around much until later.
The Pats lost:crying: but IMHO they played badly.
So come in and share your joys, concerns...or just the day to day routine and lets get aquainted.

Have a great day:) :) :)

Pat

LJW
02-04-2008, 09:08 AM
Great to hear you had lots of people to the opening of your show, Pat. I don't follow football (my husband does), but I can sympathize with you. Jane

bluefish
02-04-2008, 11:59 AM
Pat

Glad to hear the opening was such a success - would love to have been there!

But I just want to share my 'joy' - big 'blue' did a real job on those Pats - although the Pats had a wonderful season and should be justly proud!:wave:

'blue....':thumbsup:

Pat Isaac
02-04-2008, 03:12 PM
Thanks, blue. The Giants really deserved that game as they played very well. Yes, the Pats had a good season, and I think the Giants really figured out how to stop the Pats. Good all around.

Pat

AnnieA
02-05-2008, 12:10 PM
Hi everyone! LTNS, eh? The software is chastising me because I haven't posted in a while, so here I am. Artwork has taken a backseat to some other things for a while, but I hope to get back to painting soon. I'm glad your show went well, Pat, despite the wet weather. Any photos? I'd love to see some. :)

bluefish - I'm surprised you supported the team with the blue jerseys. I would have thought you would only root for a team in orange (with blue socks, of course). :D

LJW
02-05-2008, 12:26 PM
We've missed you, Annie. How's the Palace of Fine Arts painting going? Jane

AnnieA
02-05-2008, 01:17 PM
Thanks, Jane - I've missed you all too. I haven't really done anything on the Palace of Fine Arts painting, although I played around with the sky color in the preliminary sketch a bit. I have a method of framing in mind that I haven't yet assembled all the materials for, so I've been held up. And I need to actually have the frame and some other materials to work with prior to beginning the painting in order try my framing idea - I can't really do the painting first.

LJW
02-05-2008, 04:06 PM
I'll be really interested to see what you do with it and the frame. I haven't attempted to frame any of mine, and I've been thinking about easy ways to display them just for my own benefit. I've ordered some Ampersand PastelBoard to try - I can pop it into one of the pre-made oil frames that I bought in several sizes to see how an oil looks framed. Hope you're going to have more time for painting and posting. Jane

Pat Isaac
02-05-2008, 04:30 PM
Welcome back, Annie. I would also be interested in seeing your framing idea. I have a lot of pictures of the opening, too many to post here. I am trying to set up a slide show and post them on our studio site. When I get that done, I'll give you the link.

Ah, but the coach of the no blue jersey team had a blue shirt on.....hmmmmm

Pat

Geoff
02-06-2008, 11:16 AM
Excuse me ladies, but football is played with a round ball ....... :evil:

:angel:

Pat Isaac
02-06-2008, 12:21 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: I knew that, but we like to change the shapes....:rolleyes:

Pat

Geoff
02-06-2008, 01:33 PM
:cool:

AngelaF
02-06-2008, 08:22 PM
Hi everyone,

Really glad your opening went well, Pat. Guess the new place is really working out then!!!

All I can say is it really was an exciting game.

Annie, really glad to see you again. I am getting back here now, though still juggling finishing up some things in the house -- hope to get even more regular with doing art and being here in the next few weeks. I posted some before and after pictures of the great room redo in last week's gusher.

I haven't framed any of mine either, but have thought the Ambersand pastel board would be good for the frames they sell with it or as you describe. I have some small boards but haven't tried to OP on them yet. Will be anxious to see what you think of them.

Angela

Scarefishcrow
02-08-2008, 08:51 PM
Angela,

You know that problem with the pony in the challenge. Turns out it wasn't that I made the head too big, neck too thick and body too skinny after all. Turns out it was a perfect likenessll!!!!! In browsing the reference image library I realized I must have simply looked at the wrong reference photo and painted the one below instead of yours.!!! What a dumb mistake!!!!!

(I tried this on Pat but she didn't buy it. I'm hoping you might just by chance be a bit more gullible (sorta' like me)?? Yes? No?? (Link back to ref source below picture).

http://www.wetcanvas.com/RefLib/data2//3462/medium/IMG_6758a.JPG (http://www.wetcanvas.com/RefLib/showphoto.php?photo=83887&size=big&cat=&si=Donkey)

The link to the image is
http://www.wetcanvas.com/RefLib/showphoto.php?photo=83887&size=big&cat=&si=Donkey

Aren't biting, are you? Can't blame a person for trying. (I gotta' sketch this fella'. He's (??) so homely she's (??) absolutely adorable!!!!)

Bill

AnnieA
02-08-2008, 11:18 PM
Jane: I haven't framed many of my OPs either, although quite a while ago I stuck a few of them in some cheapie frames I picked up here and there. My idea is to sort of retrofit one of those inexpensive acrylic box frames so that it can be used to frame an OP painting. Without the retrofit, that sort of frame cannot be used, because the OP itself would smoosh up against the back of the acrylic. I'll let you know how it goes once I get around to trying it. I hope I'll be able to get back to painting soon too.

Pat: Thanks. I'll probably post something on the framing method if it works. I'll be looking forward to the link to see the paintings from your show. As far as the coach of the non-blue jersey team wearing blue...well, we all know bluefish likes to travel incognito. :D

Geoff and Pat: :lol:

Angela: Thanks. Nice to see you back, too. I bet you're sooooo happy that your remodeling days are just about over now. Congrats - I know it's been a long slog. I lurked a bit in your thread - nice photos. It's a beautiful horse. Is it yours? I've loved appaloosas since I was a kid.

Bill - Hello and welcome to the OP forum! :wave:

Scarefishcrow
02-08-2008, 11:32 PM
AnnieA-
Nice to meet you!

Bill

Pat Isaac
02-09-2008, 08:19 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: there's that horse? again......gotta love those ears.

Here is a link to the group show of artists from our buildings.
Just click on the James Show link on the home page.
http://www.4thfloorartists.org

Pat

Pat Isaac
02-10-2008, 10:12 AM
Yea! WC is up and running again. The sun is actually out today and we are enjoying it, before the snow squalls and deep freeze sets in.
This is a day for mundane house chores...

Pat

LJW
02-10-2008, 10:23 AM
Yes, it was a frustrating day yesterday - I kept trying to get on and couldn't. I need to go and see what I didn't get a chance to comment on yesterday. It's supposed to get colder here tomorrow, too. Jane

Scarefishcrow
02-10-2008, 02:41 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: there's that horse? again......gotta love those ears.

Pat

Pat,
As a biologist I would be remiss if I didn't point out that it is NOT a horse, but a DONKEY. There is another common name for it which I don't want to get in trouble for using here, but let's just say it is a name that I have not infrequently been called by irate students and colleagues and family and friends and ...... Hmmmm??? Let me think about this and get back to you!!

???Bill???:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :o :o :o :eek: :eek: :eek:

Scarefishcrow
02-10-2008, 02:45 PM
Yes, it was a frustrating day yesterday - I kept trying to get on and couldn't. ... Jane

Whew...... I thought it was just me and this was your way of telling me I was becoming a pest!!!

Uh Oh... Maybe I shouldn't have given you any ideas to think about!!!!

LJW
02-10-2008, 02:51 PM
Pat, thanks for the pics of your show. Did you just have the one painting (of the watering cans) in or did I miss some? Jane

Pat Isaac
02-10-2008, 03:00 PM
Bill,....that's why I added the ?? I knew it was a ...

Yes, Jane only one pic of mine, the watering cans. There were 40 artists represented so we could only hang one piece.

Pat

Scarefishcrow
02-10-2008, 03:04 PM
My sincere apologies!!! Looks like I just made one of myself!!!!

Bill

Pat Isaac
02-10-2008, 03:14 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: BTW, I see you have put the Vangogh in your siggie line.

Pat

Scarefishcrow
02-10-2008, 06:26 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: BTW, I see you have put the Vangogh in your siggie line.

Pat

I also created a thread and, for the hardy souls that survive to the end, I posted the "full size" version!

You've created a monster, Pat!

:heart: :music: :wave:
Bill

Pat Isaac
02-10-2008, 07:09 PM
Not a monster. A little dialogue is always good for the soul. Keeps us alert....you think?

Pat

AngelaF
02-10-2008, 07:09 PM
Bill --:D Good one. I did post a reference with a part of the pony's anatomy rather prominent -- but I didn't think that prominent.

Hi, Annie -- I really hope you get to painting soon. I am gradually getting to where I want to be -- slowly, but surely I hope. I have seen those acrylic frames and wondered how they could be used for OP also -- I would love what ideas you have to retrofit them. The reference picture is acually a POA, Pony of the Americas, all which do have appaloosa coat colors. That is the mother of the pony I did for a Christmas card last year. I have a twenty-three old Appaloosa gelding which was my first horse (fifteen years ago). I have had the two ponies for going on three years (was going to be a short stay:lol: :lol: ).

I was freaked out about not being able to get on here, seemed longer than one day. Glad to here it wasn't something on my end, though since I could get other sites, I was fairly sure it wasn't. What happened?

Really got frigid here today, yuk, makes the barn chores so much harder after it hasn't been so cold for a little while. I got to work some on the pony reference painting I am doing yesterday, but was distracted by company today and soon must do evening chores and make dinner, etc. -- hopefully can get some good working time tomorrow.

Hope you all are having a good weekend. Angela

Pat Isaac
02-10-2008, 07:12 PM
Not sure what happened to Wc, Angela but it was a long time.
A huge squall line came in today and the temps are going to be frigid by morning. I plan to spend the day at my studio.

Pat