PDA

View Full Version : Helping people with depression through art

*Becca*
02-03-2008, 03:03 PM
I have a slightly different style of request, i hope i am allowed to post this here.

I run a website with a forum which is a place people suffering from depression or other problems can come to get support, advice, chat and make new friends. We also have the goal of encouraging people to try a new hobby or interest to make their lives a little more enjoyable while going through these difficult times.

I wondered if any of you would like to share your work with the members of my forum, to inspire them to try different types of art and craft, or even explain how to get started for beginners who have never tried creating art before. Obviously i do the best i can but i'm certainly no expert and i'd like to be able to show people a wide variety of art.

If you are interested, the forum is at www.never-alone.org/forums (http://www.never-alone.org/forums) , there is an artwork section and a craft section (and others too if you have any other talents). Please feel free to ask any questions.

prettytigerlily
02-05-2008, 02:37 AM
Just wanted to say hi and that I have suffered from post natal and cutting both which are under control havent had any problems for nearly a year now and also I found that my art really helped alot with my problems. So wanted to say that art really helps with depression I found it help so I'm sure it would help the people in your group its very relaxing plus you forget about everything else around you.

Tanja

*Becca*
02-06-2008, 12:16 PM
Thanks tigerlily :) I'm really glad to hear your problems are better now, and i hope that art helps many more people.