PDA

View Full Version : I just put some on the UK ebay

dk_art
06-24-2002, 12:52 PM
I decided to put some that didn't sell in the last while on the UK ebay ( www.enay.co.uk ). So now I have 17 listed in US dollars and 11 listed in British pounds. Hope this works a bit. Next time I might put some on the australian site. I'd like to try the asian sites as they like cats and I'm using chinese ink but I can't understand a word whoich would make posting in the right catagory a bit tedious :D

<a href="http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=dk-art&completed=0&sort=3&since=-1&include=0&page=1&rows=25" target="_blank">My
auctions</a>

dk_art
06-24-2002, 12:54 PM
of course that ebay link should have been www.ebay.co.uk

my auction link didn't work ... they at here;

http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=dk-art&completed=0&sort=3&since=-1&include=0&page=1&rows=25

Shai
06-25-2002, 09:41 PM
Pardon my ignorance, but I was just wondering: Does it really make a difference where you put your auctions? (e.g. different countries) I thought that as long as you put that you are selling internationally, your listings will appear in all eBay auction sites even though you listed in the U.S. primarily.

Thanks for the insight!

Sumafra
06-25-2002, 10:10 PM
I've listed on Ebay Canada and they always show up in the US site, whether I list in Canadian dollars or US dollars. In fact, I got an interesting odd thing one time. I did a feature plus listing on the canadian site, it was on special for $5. Of course, that only works on the Canadian site (as a feature plus) however, on a 'search' on the american site, it showed up as a feature plus also.

dk_art
06-25-2002, 10:27 PM
Well I already got an email from someone in London England asking about another one ( one that already sold). Anyway, I think he has one of the current bids on another one. I'm not sure if it matters but it's worth a try. I think it would be neat to get on one of the asian ebays but I can't do anything but english

Shai
06-25-2002, 10:50 PM
I only noted three in Asia: Korea, Taiwan, & Singapore. Korea and Taiwan are not in English but Singapore is. Maybe try Singapore?

Shai
06-25-2002, 11:00 PM
Thanks for the info, Suzette! It does seem like the way eBay works... I'll watch out for those deals in other countries too. Do you regularly check out for them or does eBay send notices to everyone?

dk_art
06-26-2002, 09:51 AM
I noticed Singapore was in English but I went to their painting area and counted only about 34 items. It might not be as worthwhile as I thought. It seems odd that there's no Japanese ebay though

timelady
06-26-2002, 02:25 PM
There used to be a Japan eBay but it shut down. Not sure why, possibly something to do with business legal stuff maybe?, but the site now directs people to go to ebay.com. (Japan was www.ebay.co.ja)

If you're registered with any eBay you can list on any other one. As for "deals" it's usually jsut free listing days. I've given up on those personally because so many people list on those days that there are far too many items ending at the same time. Just my opinion of course!

Tina.

mf.sutton
06-26-2002, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Shai
Pardon my ignorance, but I was just wondering: Does it really make a difference where you put your auctions? (e.g. different countries) I thought that as long as you put that you are selling internationally, your listings will appear in all eBay auction sites even though you listed in the U.S. primarily.

Thanks for the insight!

I only list on the uk site but get queries from all over and have sold in the USA, I just assume that they show them on all sites.

mike

Shai
06-26-2002, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by mf.sutton
I only list on the uk site but get queries from all over and have sold in the USA, I just assume that they show them on all sites

That's what I thought as well. Thanks! :)

Shai
06-26-2002, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the info, Tina! Yes, I did remember there was a Japan site as well. I don't know what happened. Too bad it shut, though. Japan seems to be a good market.

I know what you mean about the free listing day (or free gallery listing, etc.). But I guess, it's OK especially if you have a following already [and list regularly anyway] and does not rely on the eBay search engine and/or category listings.

mf.sutton
06-27-2002, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by mf.sutton

I only list on the uk site but get queries from all over and have sold in the USA, I just assume that they show them on all sites.

mike

Further to this I have just logged onto ebay singapore and searched for my listings and sure enough there they were, I then clicked on the "my ebay" option to see if it held my accounts as well, and it did! it showed sales and items for sale only real difference is that it shows both in uk and in singapore dollars.
There were a few other differences but nothing major.

mike

dk_art
06-27-2002, 11:23 AM
This may all be true. Perhaps the only difference is if the item was in the UK and it could be listed regionally. Then people could click the "items located in the UK" or select a region.

But it appears to me if people browse a catagory (not search) , only those listed on the UK site are shown by default unless you click more options. I just went into art and paintings and all I see are items with pounds and items with locations in the UK. But I clicked through all 5 watercolour pages and didn't see mine. Then I clicked "browse items available to the UK" and then I saw only my auctions which had been listed on the UK site, and not my ones listed on the ebay.com site. So it might be good to get some UK browsers' interest who tend to browse the UK site.

dk_art
06-27-2002, 11:32 AM
Hehehe .... how wierd, I just went to the Singapore site and browsed and I was looking at this bright interior scene and then realized it's one of your's Shai! That one has such a thick look to the paint

kjsspot
06-27-2002, 11:41 AM
Shai really does have a lovely impasto style to her work. =)

Shai
06-28-2002, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by dk_art
Hehehe .... how wierd, I just went to the Singapore site and browsed and I was looking at this bright interior scene and then realized it's one of your's Shai! That one has such a thick look to the paint

LOL!

Yeah, I always get carried away with my paint... I can't help it, though. I love paintings that seem good enough to touch. :D

Shai
06-28-2002, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by kjsspot
Shai really does have a lovely impasto style to her work. =)

Awww... thanks!

dk_art
06-28-2002, 04:38 PM
"Yeah, I always get carried away with my paint... I can't help it, though. I love paintings that seem good enough to touch. "

If your paintings ever make it to museums , you'll be an endless source of frustration for those art lovers who just love to touch thick textured paintings :D

kjsspot
06-28-2002, 05:17 PM
If your paintings ever make it to museums , you'll be an endless source of frustration for those art lovers who just love to touch thick textured paintings :D

Hee hee hee That's one of the reasons I do a lot of my paintings like that too. LoL So I can touch them! LoL

Shai
06-28-2002, 11:29 PM

I don't really fancy frustrating anyone, but this sounds good to me. Especially the part about getting my art work in museums. Teeheehee.

Originally posted by kjsspot Hee hee hee That's one of the reasons I do a lot of my paintings like that too. LoL So I can touch them! LoL

Me too! :D