PDA

View Full Version : Harvard's Glass....

Ann*S
06-23-2002, 06:41 PM
I don't know if this has been mentioned but Architectural Digest for June has the best photographs I've seen yet on the glass flora that Harvard University has that were done by father and son glassmakers Leopold and Rudolf Blaschka. These were started, I believe, in 1896....take a look at a Barnes and Noble..where you don't have to buy the magazine in case you aren't into buying things not glass related...
:cool:

Laura Brito
06-23-2002, 06:58 PM
Oh I have seen this work, it is just amazing, makes all of us look like amateurs! The detail, their items look so realistic that you cannot tell the difference between theirs and the real thing, bugs and plants! It is just wild! Flowers.....they are so amazing!

Laura

Thanks for sharing this Ann!:angel:

generationsglass
06-24-2002, 11:00 AM
Oh, I agree!!!!
The Blaschka's work is just amazing! You really can't tell that they are glass unless you are extremely close to them.

Modesto
06-25-2002, 08:39 AM
Hello Kristian,

I've seen your work and site many times before and, I'm doing mental back-flips, another prominent Artist to join!

Please post more of your inside-out work!

generationsglass
06-25-2002, 09:15 AM
Thank you very much, Harold!

I do have to say that the pics on my site have not been updated in over a year and a half. I'll eventually get some new pics up there.

I'm going to making some more I/O beads next week and I'll make sure to take some pics of them to post. I'm still trying to find the pics of my goblets and vases too.

Great! The pic of my vase is showing up!

Ann*S
06-25-2002, 11:45 AM
That vase is wonderful...just beautiful!
ann