PDA

View Full Version : Michigan after the Storm AGAIN!!!

jillstefaniwagner
01-25-2008, 05:00 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Jan-2008/102124-AftertheStorm.sm.jpg

PaulaT
01-25-2008, 06:35 PM
Boy this feels like home I am in WI. I hope you are not recieveing the fridged temps that we are, have been below 0 for over a week and a half, love the blues, I went on your web site for a second and was just in La La land and going to go back and enjoy when I get some time, your work is just beautiful.

arlenebc
01-25-2008, 07:42 PM
Jill, this is beautiful. What wonderful use of color. I feel cold just looking at it!

Arlene

fiannah
01-25-2008, 08:37 PM
yes the coldness comes right through, i love the trees in the distance, nice atmosphere :) :clap:

Donna T
01-25-2008, 09:32 PM
Really beautiful! I love the sky colors and all the 'whites' of the snow.

Donna

Colorix
01-26-2008, 05:43 AM
Hi Jill, lovely painting, the cool glow of the sun behind the snowladen trees is great! Snow can be so beautiful, but not when you have to shovel tons of it to get to the road... :-) Your beautiful painting evokes memories from when I was a kid, doing cross-country skiing with Mother, and I had a small backpack with hot chocolate in a thermos, and sandwiches.

Merethe T
01-26-2008, 08:20 AM
Lovely work! It feels like home to me aswell ;) Looks cold, and I love the light too. Had to visit your website, loved the Riverstone series,beautiful work!

Merethe

Orchidacea
01-26-2008, 08:43 AM
Beautiful! Love the warm/cool thing happening here, and that spruce tree is just gorgeous!

Paula Ford
01-26-2008, 12:10 PM
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Love the blues. Great piece!

Paula

Donna A
01-26-2008, 03:42 PM
Beautiful painting, Jill! I love the sense of weight of the snow on the branches. Lovely patterns of shapes and sizes and and colors and values! And against all the cools---that wonderful glint of light and warmth (and hope) :-) in the high sky! It's a very powerful painting! And I'm enjoying it even a bit more today having our KC high temps above freezing for the first time in ages! And I think that "hope" for warmer days is something I experience emotionally in this piece, giving me even more enjoyment and visual richness as a viewer! Beautifully well done, Jill! Thank you for sharing! Donna ;-} ps---hope the AGAINs soon apply more to gorgeous paintings than to storms! D :-}