PDA

View Full Version : Schminke pastels CHEAP!!!

Shari
01-25-2008, 02:41 AM
I just found this site: www.artpurveyors.com. They have Schmincke's for $1.99 apieces which is amazing!!! There is a minimum of 12 sticks. Happy buying.

Donna T
01-25-2008, 09:19 AM
Thanks Shari! I don't have any of this brand yet and have been eager to try them. Are there any particular colors that you recommend? I need highlights for landscapes, the lightest lights.

Donna

Shari
01-25-2008, 11:03 AM
All their colors are nice, they have about 102 new colors too. You can usually pick up a color chart at most art stores that carry them, or find the colors on the web, probably at fineartstore.com or dickblick.com.

EdK
01-25-2008, 11:45 AM
Shari,

Thanks for the tip. This sounds like a great deal. I have not bought many pastels lately. I do like the Schminkes. By the way, there is a link to the color chart at the bottom of the Schminke page at the ArtPurveyors website.

Ed

needtopaint
01-25-2008, 01:56 PM
Hi guys, I ordered some Schminkes from Artpurveyors and received some questionable pastels. Here is a thread about the experience. Artpurveyors did take care of the problem and made all well.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=423705

You may have a good experience now, but thought I'd give you a heads-up.

Christine

Donna T
01-25-2008, 05:57 PM
Christine, thank you so much for bringing this to our attention! I can't believe any serious art company would ship pastels like that ... what a mess!

Donna

EdK
01-25-2008, 06:02 PM
Thanks Christine. I think I will pass. When a deal seems to good to be true it usually is. I don't need the aggravation of trying to deal with a mess like that, even the retailer eventually makes good. I have never seen anyone else shipping pastels taped to a peice of cardboard like that.

Shari
01-25-2008, 06:19 PM
Christine,

Thanks for this information and for the thread; I read through the whole thing. Maybe the next best thing is to get them from Tru Blu Art at $2.25 apiece. Anyone tried them?