PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Scumble Jan 21 Thru 27

K Taylor-Green
01-21-2008, 11:14 AM
Morning everyone!:wave: Welcome to the Scumble, our weekly chat thread where we share the happenings of our everyday lives. Here we share family, jobs, kids, and pets. Come on in and talk!

I wanted to let everyone know that Kat (Kathryn Wilson) and I are revamping the pastel Library and giving the forum a new look! We are hoping to make classrooms, tutorials, and other learning threads more easily accessed. If anyone has questions, feel free to ask!

angeline
01-22-2008, 06:56 PM
Hi I remebered this bit of the forum and thought it would be a good place to come in and get to know everyone.
I'm in work(as a nurse) for tues, weds, thurs and fri and then off for a week. so probably won't get much pasteling done till i finish my shifts.
My son (6)has a broken arm ...he did it a week ago last sat and has pin's in. He is off for a check up tomorrow so I'm hoping all is healing well.
My daughter(9) has been watching me pasteling again and has got the bug to try sketching so i'm trying to guide her through basic shapes and shadows. she trys so hard and then bless her gets dissapointed when it does not look quite right. I tell her practice , practice, practice....and draw anything! lol. well thats how i started anyway.
I will try and get my WIP on for some comments when i get my partner to take some shots and if i can remember how!
All the learning stuff thats planed will be well used by me.:lol:
Have a good week all.

K Taylor-Green
01-22-2008, 07:48 PM
Hi Hayley! Good to have you here!
Your poor little boy. I have a grandson who is 6, so I know how hard it is to get them to do quiet things for awhile as they get over injuries and illness. I hope he heals quickly. Must have been a pretty bad break to need pins.
You gave your daughter good advice. I hope she takes it!!

I am still trying to finish up my portrait of Ethan for the Pastel Strokes. I am sooooo slow! But it is getting there.

Deborah Secor
01-22-2008, 10:35 PM
Wow, a revamp of the Library--very ambitious of you all, but much needed and desired. I know it will take a lot of organization and time--hang in there, and THANKS!

Aw, Hayley, sorry to hear your boy broke his arm. No fun for him, nor for you, I'm sure.

I'm still plugging away at a little article, and have to get on with planning my class for Thursday. We'r doing the exercise in Maggie Price's book where we underpaint with warm and cool colors. If anyone has seen my agaonizing over in Michael's limited palette thread, you can imagine how I'm facing this class!!

Time to veg out.... I've been at my computer all day!
Deborah

K Taylor-Green
01-24-2008, 10:34 AM
Must be a quiet week for everyone! It is here, too. I am trying to finish my portrait of Ethan for the Pastel Strokes thread. The end of the month is creeping up on me!
We got some fresh snow overnight. The other had just melted away. Not that it was much, less than an inch. The dogs like it!

I have been following the story of the death of young actor, Heath Ledger. Very sad. I really liked most of his movies.

chewie
01-24-2008, 12:24 PM
its bitter cold here, makes doing all the chores, well, like a chore! i generally like tending my animals, but when its this cold (-12) it is tough to get my fanny in gear. trying to make a batch of cheese from my goat's milk, seems pretty bland, hope it 'sharpens' up with a bit more time. we also have gotten snow, yesterday the kids had a snow day from school even, but it was very windy so the snow was really moving around. it did get up to 15, but with that wind, brrrr! they went sledding tho.! i have several stock tanks to check about 2 miles around, some days i ride, others like yesterday i walk to simply keep warmer!

the ledger issue is truly sad and a loss for us all. i thought he was great, and he's a daddy too, so sad. curious to hear all what lead up to this event.

hubby is getting along well with his new job, and i'm pretty busy taking care of everything else. today is baking bread for the week, and doing some framing. when you make cheese, you get whey, and that's good stuff to use in bread, so those 2 things work well together. its a nice day to bake bread, makes the house warm and smell sooo good!

tomorrow is a volunteer day for my youngest's class--a shading lesson! there is absolutely NO art in our school, so the only stuff they get is when i show up. the kids love it and are always sooo eager and well behaved, asking some very good questions and trying so hard! its a class of 30. but the teachers have little time for anything extra, so this is a rare day.

otherwise, just trying to keep warm and busy!

IdahoHat
01-24-2008, 05:58 PM
Wow, Chewie. I feel guilty about complaining of our frigid weather here in Idaho when I don't have to get out in it to do chores. My husband shovels the driveway. However, I caught whatever he had last week and have been laying around with a head cold and achy feeling for two days. Don't even feel like picking up a pastel, so I'm lurking in the pastel talk, trying to learn something. There is so much here, that I could spend the whole day, but now I'm going to go lie down for awhile. God is still good. I have a nice comfy bed. :)

Good for you on doing some art in the school there. Too bad art and music budgets get cut before anything else.

Deborah, please let us know how the Maggie Price thing goes.

K Taylor-Green
01-24-2008, 09:11 PM
Chris, I know what you mean about going out to care for animals in the cold!! And it is nowhere near that cold here, just too cold for us! All of ours get well cared for, of course, but no one gets loved on as much, and training sessions with the dogs are shortened or skipped all together when it gets down in the low teens or single digits. Brrrr, even in warm layers, it is just too uncomfortable for me.

Harriett, take care of that cold. I have been lucky so far this winter. Hope I stay that way! But I fight allergies all year long. Yuck, I hate that!

Deborah Secor
01-25-2008, 01:40 AM
Harriett, I posted a thread here with a little more info about the underpainting sunlight and shadow class. It went well--very interesting exercise!

Brrr...too cold for me! :eek: I was shivering here and it was 44F today! But yesterday it was 55!! (I like that better.)

Deborah