PDA

View Full Version : Day Moon

barkingdogg
01-19-2008, 09:19 PM
Hi everyone! :)

I've been gone a long time due to the death of both my parents (5 months apart) this last year.:crying: Not only has it been devastating to me and my family, but it's kept me away from the easel with very little time to paint.

I'm now getting back to my life as a full-time painter and it's felt really good and of course, extremely theraputic!!!:heart:

Here's one I just finished today and thought I'd go ahead and post it.

Of course C&C's are always welcome.

Thanks for looking.

11" X 14" Oil on Canvas

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Jan-2008/1168-Day_Moon0001.JPG

Jprice022
01-20-2008, 01:29 AM
Sorry to hear about the loss of your parents.

You painting reminds me of the Sedona, AZ area. Well done.

Thanks for posting it.

John

ann chavez
01-20-2008, 10:21 AM
Susan--i can't imagine the devastation you must've felt over the loss of both parents. my heart goes out to you.

is this painting for sale? it reminds me of several of my favorite places on earth; bryce canyon, among others. my oh my. and the Moon . . . another of my favorite things.

very very nice, very special painting. i love it.

--ann

Diane Cutter
01-21-2008, 09:16 AM
Susan... My heart goes out to you! I'm glad you have gotten back to your art and that it is having a healing effect.

This is a beautiful piece of work! I thought it was a photograph, it is that well rendered!

Diane

ann chavez
01-21-2008, 09:51 AM
Susan--went to your website and am blown away by your incredible renderings of so many of my favorite places and things! WOW!

marvelous work!

--ann

barkingdogg
01-21-2008, 04:28 PM
Thank you John, Ann & Diane. Much appreciated.

Ann - Thanks for checking out my website. And yes, all of my paintings are for sale. I'll be putting this one in a gallery in Oklahoma City in a few weeks.

Thanks again!

frottis
01-21-2008, 06:41 PM
Sorry about your loss Susan. What a beautiful painting. It has a great sense of light and atmosphere. The moon is a nice touch. As John ,it also reminds me of Sedona. Where is it? -Mark

barkingdogg
01-22-2008, 10:02 PM
Thank you, Mark. I referenced a snapshot my friend took a several years ago. She thought it was taken at a rest stop along the way to Sedona. The moon wasn't actually in the photo.

ann chavez
01-23-2008, 07:54 PM
i won't be getting to oklahoma city in the foreseeable future, so i guess i can't make this painting mine. shoot!

regards,
ann