PDA

View Full Version : Prince of moths

Loki
06-21-2002, 01:13 PM
Hola hola...

Up to this point, this illustration has been all watercolor... small details will be added with other tools, and then it obviously will be a mixed-media piece.

I like how it is at this stage, I'll make a print of it before I change it further.

But I'd like to know: when does a watercolor cease to be a watercolor? It seems many people have different opinions on this.

Have a nice day

al22
06-21-2002, 01:35 PM
Hola, Loki....¿Como esta hoy?............
To answer your question.........I'm not really picky on that subject....but my guess would be that when you add any additional medium, strictly speaking, it becomes ' mixed media'........dunno.......we'll see what others have to say......
.......al

Carrie
06-21-2002, 07:06 PM
I think it's really nice as it is. I think you shold just frame it and start another mixed media one on different paper.
Carrie

JustjoGA
06-21-2002, 07:11 PM
Loki, I asked the same question, and I was told that if I add colored pencil or pastel after using watercolor as an underpainting, at least here in WC, it should be posted in Mixed Media.... Whether galleries or exhibit coordinators will say the same, I don't have any idea...