PDA

View Full Version : some of my jewelry that fits this forum theme

ann chavez
01-19-2008, 09:35 AM
i'd said waaay back that i'd post some of my south-/western inspired jewelry. finally getting around to it. (there will be more another day).

these are called:
camping woman, carnelian hills, gecko, green river at dinosaur, and high lonesome

--ann

barkingdogg
01-19-2008, 08:45 PM
Hi Ann! Those are some beautiful pieces you got there!

Jprice022
01-20-2008, 01:38 AM
Very nice work.

Do you mind telling us how you did the coyote piece on the last one?

Thanks for sharing.

John

ann chavez
01-20-2008, 09:18 AM
thanks so much for compliments! glad you like them!

the coyote (as well as the first one, camping woman, and the middle one, gecko) are digitized versions (i.e. digital photos) of my original acrylic paintings inkjet-printed on canvas. the rear sides of those are computer-manipulated kaleidoscopic versions of the respective image on the fronts, also printed on canvas. these are sandwiched bewteen two hand-cut, hand-ground pieces of glass (.09cm thick each).

my husband fashions the frame from fine-silver bezel-strip. each ceramic and lampwork glass bead is made by me specifically to match the particular pendant image. these are all strung on SoftFlex with seed beads, Swarovski crystals, and bali-style sterling beadcaps. i make the clasp with sterling wire. sometimes i include stones that my husband and i have found and he has cut, drilled, and tumbled (like the carnelian in the second necklace, carnelian hills, which depicts one of the places we find our carnelian).

i know--more than you wanted to know! but there it is . . .

thanks again for comments.

--ann

ann chavez
01-20-2008, 10:07 AM
the backs of gecko and high lonesome (camping woman was sold, and the rear image is unavailable):

(oh, gecko was sold, too, but i'd apparently scanned it before it went).

Diane Cutter
01-21-2008, 09:22 AM
Very nice work, Ann... I really like that you also dealt with the backs of the pieces.

Diane

Jamn!
01-21-2008, 10:22 AM
Those are very pretty! :)

ann chavez
01-22-2008, 10:48 AM
thank you, Diane and Heidi!