PDA

View Full Version : The Oil Gusher Jan. 14 - Jan. 20

Pat Isaac
01-14-2008, 08:07 AM
Good morning everyone,

We are having a nor'east snowstorm. Thes one has a lot of water content so it is sticking to everything. Very pretty at the moment. Supposed to snow all day so we will end up with a foot. No studio today...sigh.
I had a great get together with all the art teachers that taught with me. We get together about 3 times a year, but always right after Christmas and have what we call a "tacky" party. Everyone brings the tackiest gift they can find and then we do a Yankee swap. Great fun.
So come in and share your joys, concerns...or just the day to day routine and lets get aquainted.

Have a great day:) :) :)

Pat

LJW
01-14-2008, 11:10 AM
Stay in and enjoy the quiet day - with the snow falling outside, it's always nice to be warm and snug. Your get-together sounds like lots of fun. Jane

eyepaint
01-14-2008, 11:30 AM
Here's a photo from yesterday, looking north:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Jan-2008/96240-IMGP1739.JPG

Cheers,

Pat Isaac
01-14-2008, 11:41 AM
Just gorgeous, EP. Here is our storm, not too big and I just finished shoveling the walks. Now to stay in and be warm.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Jan-2008/35760-DSC_0040.JPG

Pat

eyepaint
01-14-2008, 11:48 AM
Pat - Brrr! Get that hot chocolate going!! :)

Bars
01-17-2008, 01:36 AM
:cat: Don't know about hot chocolate, but here is a treat for all those with a sweet tooth. This really is comfort food.

Coconut Ice.

3 cups of icing sugar, 1/2 cup of milk. 1 oz of butter. 1/4 teaspoon salt.
4/4 to 1 cup of coconut (fine) Vanilla essence to taste.

Put sugar,milk, butter and salt into heavy bottemd sausepan, and bring to the boil stirring all the time Boil until a small amount dropped into cold water forms a soft ball.Add coconut and cool the mixture for 10 mins Pour half the mixture into a bowl and add red colouring. Beat until thickening and pour into a greased shallow pan. Beat remaing mixture and pour on top. Do not try to eat this when it is hot you will burn your mouth. Don't know how to link this to jan op challenge Pat Enjoy Bars:wave:

Pat Isaac
01-17-2008, 08:31 AM
Sounds yummy and very sweet. I put a link in the Jan Challenge.

Pat

LJW
01-17-2008, 10:37 AM
Wow, sweet tooth for sure. Jane

wabbitt
01-18-2008, 01:57 PM
Hi all, wow you guys look cold, it's very pretty though. I'm just a bit windblown and dry...chapped lips, chapped hands, and every day is a bad hair day. I've been having a full week of "24 hours is not enough time in a day," but fortunately I'm not going to Mom's this weekend. I'm going to hit the self portraits again (homework)...haven't decided between oil pastel or soft pastel yet but it has to be 18x24 and I have to spend at least 3 hours on it. I'm going to try to take Mom for a walk through a historic downtown (I've been wanting to visit for 8 years) to build up her stamina for Hong Kong in a couple weeks. She has to keep up with the group. We'll be watching Chinese New Year celebrations WOOT!

Pat Isaac
01-18-2008, 04:46 PM
Wow, a trip to China. How exciting. How long are you going for? Take lots of pictures.
Let us know how you make out with your self-portrait.
Actually it was actually 45 degrees here today and we had a cold rain this morning. However, the temps are going to drop drastically tomorrow.....Brrrr

Pat

sparkling
01-18-2008, 04:52 PM
Bars, your coconut ice sounds *very* delicious... now I understand why the squirrel is so eagerly lookong for it :lol: :wink2: :cat: