PDA

View Full Version : Just made a new website, mind seeing if it works?

Postmodern_schisms
01-11-2008, 05:55 PM
howdy avid contemporary amigos.

yes, well Ive just created a website (a page in all honesty) and i would like to know if you can point out anything thats wrong with it.

i know the Email has a mystery "j" in it, and im trying to get that sorted out. but yes, any dodgy links, spelling grammar (it isnt my forte) etc could you let me know.

you might need to refresh the page if it doesnt load first time for some obscure reason. I'll work on that.

www.jackjonesart.0catch.com (http://www.jackjonesart.0catch.com)

thanks lots

timelady
01-11-2008, 07:33 PM
I just get a page with an ad I'm afraid. And my browser also blocked a pop-up window. :(

Eager to see the real thing though!
Tina.

wiscojaydub
01-11-2008, 07:58 PM
nicely done site! The ad thing has a close tab on the bottom right hand corner.

WildGoose
01-11-2008, 11:33 PM
Postmodern_schism/Jack -

Just took a look and all went well with viewing. 2 ads popped up but went down immediately after fatal shooting down ...(done gleefully by YT )!:clap:

Went to each section and was able to view choice immediately and of a fairly good dimension..also downloaded your card with no problem..

Glad to see you posted the last painting, 2d row I viewed it with interest and enjoyment, but do not believe I commented then on it...forgive me, but did you call it No.#5 or something on WC? Can't remember..

Will you be adding titles on this page in future?

Your whole page is nicely set up for viewing, but I do have one suggestion as to the " type"..

The darker gray wording at the top I was able to read easily, but as I went progressively down the page, I noticed at some point the type was lighter, and slightly more difficult to read agaist the white background.

I would suggest possibly changing changing this, especially for the "aging -but-now- slightly more-established-old-hippie-types" with gradually deteriorating tint/ gradation vision (hint) who might feel so inclined as to visit your site..

Whew!!:rolleyes:

Anyway, good luck, carry on, Cheers and all that!:thumbsup:

WildGoose/Chris

Clive Green
01-12-2008, 07:32 AM
Had to shoot down some ads but impressed overall. I had the same problem with the text that chris mentioned. I don't think there's much you can do about the ads - that's your hosts problem.

Good to see a range of works on the page, will the headings link to other pages in the future ?

Postmodern_schisms
01-12-2008, 10:41 AM
yeh i cant do anything about the adds im affraid, im not willing to spend money (at this moment) on something that is a glorified portfolio. I just need to have a body of work thats easy to find for when i meet people.

ahh cheers, thanks for looking. so it exists, thats good to know.

i'll change the tone of the grey, it is quite hard to read.

thanks lots.

cathrs
02-02-2008, 06:52 PM
Just had a look and eveything worked well. Loaded the images fairly quickly considering I am in rural New Zealand with crudddy old Telecom lines. Really like the monotypes.