PDA

View Full Version : One of my Bronzes

BoneHed
01-10-2008, 08:25 PM
I have this in the sculpture forum but thought I would bring it over here for people to see, since I had a few ask for it.

This is my latest completed piece. It is called Double Crossing, it is 15" high in Bronze.

http://chrisbo.smugmug.com/photos/233882763-M.jpg

http://chrisbo.smugmug.com/photos/233882809-M.jpg

http://chrisbo.smugmug.com/photos/233882788-M-1.jpg

Thanks for Looking.

QueenBArt
01-10-2008, 08:34 PM
Superb, absolutely superb. I don't know much about this medium, but I am none the less fascinated. I hope to see more soon *hint hint*

paintergrl
01-10-2008, 09:27 PM
Wow! It is so beautiful! The way you did the hoof prints is so neat. Sculpture has always interested me, but I have never really had the time try it myself.
I would love to see more of yours.:wave:

PatrickHedges
01-10-2008, 10:59 PM
That's brilliant.

Could you explain the title a bit more? :)

BoneHed
01-10-2008, 11:14 PM
Thank you,

PatrickHedges--The moose entering the river perhaps to cross, the tracks on the shore are to show a place where the river had been crossed before, hence double crossing. The tracks are supposed to be deer tracks but I know a lot of people will not know that just by seeing them, and that is understood, that was another thought of mine, that a moose was crossing where deer had crossed, hence double crossing. I was a little worried that the title might be puzzling to people but that name stuck.

Thanks for looking.

winecountry
01-11-2008, 01:38 AM
Well you may have to explain it ( except to observant hunters) but I think its a great idea, and people love to be let in on "secrets" like this and then explain to to their friends...I've done sculpture, a lot can go wrong between conception and the final work...this is just wonderful , do you cast your own or have a foundry?
Colleen

redladyart
01-11-2008, 01:38 AM
Great detail! I can tell you've put hours into this piece. You did an amazing job. :)

Sharon

jody007
01-11-2008, 10:39 AM
wow beautiful detail work on this! I just love everything about it!
Jody

QueenBArt
01-11-2008, 11:26 AM
Bonehed: I got the title behind the work, and I think it is very clever. Most people do not use titles that require a bit of discovery, had you not shown the photo of the tracks I would not have understood it. I prefer works we need to 'research' with our eyes and thoughts a bit. It makes you take in the piece. I will say that there are pieces (most abstract) that I cannot wrap my head around how the title correlates to the piece...and I am good at putting 2 and 2 together! You have struck this one with a title that to me makes the viewer look and think, but does not totally confuse them. It's a good title to me.

gourdburner
01-11-2008, 11:40 AM
Wow, beautiful! Amazing detail and I love the name. Makes you look twice to figure it out.

LarrySeiler
01-11-2008, 02:35 PM
love it...love the concept, the aesthetic finishing off or embellishments of the base, and so forth.

Very happy you posted this here, thanks!!! :thumbsup: