PDA

View Full Version : call for entries - juried dream art show - all invited!!

Dreamkat
01-10-2008, 11:41 AM
DREAM ART SHOW and SALE - juried show

Poudre River Arts Center
406 N. College Ave., Ft. Collins, CO 80524
Gallery hours: Wednesday-Saturday 11am-5pm

Eligibility: Original art work about dreams or inspired by a dream or dreams. All entries will be subject to approval of P.R.A.C. for appropriateness for show and sale to the general public.

Media: All two-dimensional and three-dimensional media will be considered, including painting, drawing, collage, mosaic, metal, glass, mixed media, sculpture, and installation art. Film, video and digital art will be considered if provision for displaying these media is provided or can be located by art show staff. All works accepted must be suitably framed and/or ready for display. Works on paper must be framed under glass or Plexiglas. All media welcome - no crafts, kits, or production please.

CALENDAR:

April 5th Saturday Entry Deadline - signed forms, fees & submissions due at 2619 Cedarwood Drive Fort Collins 80526 by 5pm

April 18, Monday Notifications of accepted letters, calls or emails sent out

April 28th Monday Accepted dream art received deadline by 5 p.m.

April 30th Dream art show will be installed in the main gallery at Poudre River Arts Center

May 1 to 14th Dream Art show and sale 11 to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday

May 2 Opening Reception, for First Friday Gallery walk from 6 to 9 p.m.

May 15th Unsold work must be picked up between 11am and 5pm. Shipped entries will be return shipped by 5pm on May 16th.

Each entry must include the following:

1. Completed and signed attached entry form, which is also found on http://www.dreammosaics.com/Dream_Art_Show.htm. Additional information about how the art piece is related to dreams may be included in a separate document.

2. Submission(s): slides or digital images. For slides, list by title; for digital images, list by file name. For each image listed, give title, medium and size of work. The artist's name should appear at the top of the page.

3. A brief artist statement and biographical statement, computer printed or typed on 8 by 11 inch paper.

4. Applicable entry fee made payable to Kat Peters-Midland for shipping to: 2619 Cedarwood Drive, Ft. Collins, CO 80526
Receiving: Accepted work should be hand delivered to POudre River Arts Center or shipped to 2619 Cedarwood Drive Fort Collins Colorado 80526 on or before the entry deadline of April 28, 2008. Artwork must be submitted in reusable containers with enclosed return shipping label. Only submissions with physical street address included will be accepted. If shipper needs phone number for delivery issues, please use 970-310-0906. Please use bubble wrap or foam
rubber and rubber bands - no tape or peanuts. No wooden crates except for sculpture. If package weight exceeds $10 shipping fee, it will be shipped C.O.D.. If you wish to have a receipt of delivery, please ship accordingly.

Liability: Kat Peters-Midland will take all precautions to ensure the safety of all artwork. All entries will be handled with care. The gallery will be staffed during all open hours of the show. However, Kat Peters-Midland and/or Poudre River Arts Center will not be responsible for any loss, damage or stolen artwork, and any insurance is the responsibility of the exhibiting artist.

Entry fees:
1 item - $10
2 items - $18
3 items - $25
4 items - $31 (limit 4 items)

PRAC artists receive 20% discount on entry fee.

Entry fees are to be made payable to Kat Peters-Midland. Kat accepts checks and credit card payments via Paypal. Contact Kat for the email address to send paypal to. All fees are non-refundable.

If shipping art piece(s): Entry fee plus return packing, shipping & insurance to cover the value of the art piece.

Sales: Entries do not have to be for sale. There is a 20% commission on sales.

Judging: Peoples'Choice award will be determined by a vote of visitors, which will be determined at the end of the show on May 14th. First, second and third places will be awarded prizes to be
announced.

If there are any questions, please call Kat Peters-Midland at 970-310-0906 or email [email protected] ([email protected]).

hissbur
02-07-2008, 06:25 PM
Hi,

I'm sitting here in the Philippines and have no way to get a painting framed, Could I put in an entry with a request for you to frame it for me?

Hissbur - Wet Canvas

Dreamkat
02-27-2008, 10:33 AM
If it looks good unframed, that would be fine. If you want it framed, you could pay me for the framing via Paypal...let me know. My email address is [email protected]