PDA

View Full Version : Spurs! Complete!

Roger Evans
01-09-2008, 11:56 PM
The WIP for this can be found here:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=468981

Wrapped it up this evening.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Jan-2008/89662-wip_spurs_007.jpg

The buckle was particularly problematic, what with all the scratches, etc. The same with the metal plates (on the spurs) which have lots of little pits, each of which has to have a shiny edge as well as a shadow.

A larger version can be found on my gallery:

http://www.rogerevans.tv/spurs_close.html

Enjoy!

Roger

frottis
01-10-2008, 12:09 AM
Roger- Great painting! You have amazing observation skill for detail, but still hold the major shapes together. I'll look at more. :thumbsup: -Mark

objectivistartist
01-10-2008, 09:17 AM
Thanks for the large version - allows such as me, who uses colored pencils and pen/ink, to better see how the details fit..... great work, as usual.... :thumbsup:

Trilby
01-10-2008, 01:24 PM
Stunning work, The troubles with the buckle seemed to have been resolved.
TJ

Continental
01-10-2008, 01:29 PM
The detail on this is wonderful and the subject matter is as well. Are you doing prints from it? This would sell like crazy to the rodeo crowd.:thumbsup:

Roger Evans
01-10-2008, 01:52 PM
Thanks everyone!

The detail on this is wonderful and the subject matter is as well. Are you doing prints from it? This would sell like crazy to the rodeo crowd.:thumbsup:

We should be selling prints soon. Want to get a few more paintings going before I officially "open".

Roger

Firehorse
01-11-2008, 01:02 PM
Roger, this is amazing work! It's so realistic and I love the little scratches you were able to put on the buckle. Great touch!

Jprice022
01-12-2008, 12:30 AM
Very good work. Thanks for sharing with us.

John

Diane Cutter
01-13-2008, 11:03 AM
It's beautiful, Roger... and I especially appreciate the wip. It's very encouraging to see the process.

Diane

Iaartist
01-16-2008, 10:16 AM
Roger, I think you did an excellent job on this. I really like it right down to the little scratches. You are my kind of artist.

Roger Evans
01-16-2008, 01:22 PM
Thanks again, all. I am so busy with work right now that I haven't had time to paint in about a week or so. Hope to get back to it soon.

Roger

barkingdogg
01-19-2008, 09:10 PM
Hi Roger. WOW!!! Super realism! Love it! Most excellent!

Jo Castillo
10-27-2008, 12:03 AM
This is wonderful. Really enjoyed the WIP. :) Nice colors and line work.

solonite
10-27-2008, 07:32 AM
Roger this is great.....thanks so much for the WIP....
Susan

PaintingMum
11-03-2008, 01:06 AM
Wow great talent.

Kathryn Wilson
11-04-2008, 12:51 PM
You certainly did solve those problems with the metal buckle - it's amazing. The colors in this painting are right on for that southwest/cowboy look - old leather browns, yellows and oranges.

alfredart
11-04-2008, 02:24 PM
Very well done indeed. Good use of contrasts and values. Top shelf stuff here.

Peace,
AL

jennaboo88
11-04-2008, 08:27 PM
This turned out amazing! I love those fine little scratches in the metal. Great detail!

Roger Evans
11-05-2008, 07:01 AM
Wow! Thanks for the cudos everyone. I am so surprised that this old thread continues to generate posts. It was a fun painting to do.

Roger

Texas Dave
12-08-2008, 02:23 PM
I agree, your very talented. Your painting almost looks like a soft photograph because the great detail. The little details are awesome and your work is a joy to look at!

Roger, I just stumbled upon your gallery and have to say that the detail in all your art work is outstanding. I hope to get a chance to visit the gallery when I'm down in Bandera at the end of the month. Great job again!

By the way, good luck with your robots.:thumbsup:

Roger Evans
12-08-2008, 08:16 PM
I agree, your very talented. Your painting almost looks like a soft photograph because the great detail. The little details are awesome and your work is a joy to look at!

Roger, I just stumbled upon your gallery and have to say that the detail in all your art work is outstanding. I hope to get a chance to visit the gallery when I'm down in Bandera at the end of the month. Great job again!

By the way, good luck with your robots.:thumbsup:

Thanks alot! Where are you coming from and why are you going to Bandera?

Roger

Texas Dave
12-09-2008, 10:32 AM
Thanks alot! Where are you coming from and why are you going to Bandera?

Roger

Coming from Dallas, originally from the Corsicana area. I have a good friend that owns a ranch about halfway between Kerrville and Bandera and we hunt the last weekend of the deer season there. Regardless of taking a deer or not, it's one of the most relaxing trips I take during the year. Something about the Texas Hill country that puts me at ease with the world around me.