PDA

View Full Version : A unique project looking for art/artist

Alzitar
01-07-2008, 07:00 PM
Hello dear artists on this forum,

Im a 23 year old dutch student studying psychology at the moment. Me and a friend are developing a web based space game where you take command of your own capital space ship (think battlecruiser). It will become a sort of RPG/EVE-online/Simcity crossover where youll need to manage every aspect of the space ship including crew and energy. Finally youll explore distant galaxies and fight alien races for recourses and technology. Plans are to make this a web based MMORPG.
At this curent state we are as far as a actual flying ship that is managable in a website, however we estimate a beta launch of the game could take atleast as much as another year.
Why did we start this project? Because we are pasionate gamers and we noticed there are alot of games out there... but none are about this concept while we wanted to play that specific concept!

At the moment I am the concept designer and keep adding new concepts all the time while my friend, Ruben, is the pure programming power that puts our ideas in php (a language for writing websites).

So why am I posting here you might ask? Well we do not have graphics! and we'd love to have original graphics! Any are welcome if you allow them to be used by us in this project. Id really appreciate any help the smallest pictures or maybe discarded material.. we need it! http://www.fantasyana.com/modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

So what kind of pictures do we need?
* spaceships
* planets
* technologys
* icons
* events

So a real wide range really http://www.fantasyana.com/modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Eventually in the long run we might be able to generate some cash with this game (due to advertising) and if one of you has really helped us and joined in on the process we will ofcource share a proportional amount.. but Id like to point out that at this point we have no view on any profit but just would love to make this game work. So any artists or artist who would be willing to help us, or even better join us, is very much appreciated.. and we can atleast garantee you youll art be spread and wed love you for it! http://www.fantasyana.com/modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I hope Ive atleast made some of you enthusiastic you can contact me for any questions on:

[email protected]

Hope to hear from you soon!

Friendly greetings,

Tim

For any admins:
Im coudnt really make up where to post this post so I posted in three different areas, my apologies for this you can ofcource delete this post from any areas it isnt supposed to be

Alzitar
01-08-2008, 01:13 PM
Ive got a bit more info if your intrested:

at this point we have a server running and a ship flying Razz
Im still in the process of thinking up new features and what will be possible. We are however already in the stage where we can add planets and such.. frm alien/spaceship art I can get really a whole bunch of inspiration for new features.. and what would be best ofcource is if a artist would actually join us and aid us in the thinking process. So thats why I posted here at this point in our development.. first of to get any pictures and thus inspiration and secondly to find people, artists, who are intrested in joining us in this process.

Basically what you should think of now is a capital spaceship, think almost a flying city, that will be able to mine astroid fields explore new galaxies, fight other capital spaceships (from actual different players), perhaps build outposts on planets. Upgrade your capital spaceship with new weapons, shields, refinaries, propulsion systems.. and so on
This is what makes this project unique, such a thing is as far as I know not been done before except for maybe "battlecruiser 4000AD"
If your into games you might know games like "privateer" and "freelancer" We want to make such a game, but then web based and with a huge spaceship under your command instead of a single fighter plane.

I guess you could call it a "Open ended capital space ship simulation massive multiplayer online role playing game" ^^ atleast we try to merge these principals