PDA

View Full Version : The Oil Gusher Jan. 7 - Jan.12

Pat Isaac
01-07-2008, 07:41 AM
Good morning everyone,

After our snowy December, we are having a touch of spring. Nice! The holidays are over and now it is time to get back into the regular routine of things. We are having a group show of the artists that share my building and another one in town. The show is in February so we are making plans for that now. A group of us is getting together today to send out invitation cards.
I also am planning on getting back to the gym today.
So come in and share your joys, concerns...or just the day to day routine and lets get aquainted.

Have a great day:) :) :)

Pat

wabbitt
01-07-2008, 11:38 AM
Hi Pat & everyone,
It was a wet and rainy weekend all weekend. I didn't mind, though I did get so cold and bored at one point I got up and invented cookies: peanut butter oatmeal & chocolate chips. Mom showed me a recipe of what I wanted to do just before I started but I had a couple Jif Peanut Butter cooking sticks I wanted to use so I still had to wing it. Turned out well enough.

School starts back up for me tomorrow, hopefully there won't be any new art supplies I need. I've been holding back on buying paper waiting to see what this teacher prefers.

Pat Isaac
01-07-2008, 04:22 PM
Those cookies sound yummy, Julie. I'll take some. What are peanut butter cooking sticks? and I thought I was up on all the cooking stuff.
Good luck with your new classes.

Pat

wabbitt
01-07-2008, 07:28 PM
They look like Crisco's premeasured sticks of shortening except it's really thick peanut butter (maybe plus some shortening)...don't even know if they're sold any more. I've had them a couple years.

Pat Isaac
01-07-2008, 07:38 PM
Interesting, I'll have to take a peek in the store tomorrow.

Pat

Zoe Butler
01-12-2008, 05:52 AM
Sorry everyone

There was supposed to be a photo of Light Beach attached to our last post.
I'll try again.:o

Light Beach is about a 1/2 hour drive from where we live. There are lots of beaches like this one within a short drive of Albany.

Regards

John

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Jan-2008/81004-LightBeachlookingeast.JPG

Pat Isaac
01-12-2008, 08:26 AM
OOps, sorry John. I deleted your last post as I thought it was a double. but here it is.
Pat

Wishing everyone a great New Year!

Not sure if anyone will remember Zoe and I but it's nice to be back on WetCanvas again after a long absence. :wave:

Lots of things to report since we last posted.

I have taken early retirement and Zoe and we have moved down to Albany on the south coast of Western Australia. Much milder climate down here and certainly more conducive to artistic activities. Perthsweltered in 40C (111F) temperatures on Christmas Day and Boxing Day, while down in Albany, we retirees enjoyed temps in the mid 20C's.:smug:

Due to the big move, we hadn't done much in the way of painting for a while but, now that we have lots of spare time on our hands, we are getting back to our art and plan to join a couple of the local art groups, when they resume in February. Zoe and I spent last week at Summer School learning new artistic techniques. She did Texture & Staining, while I did Oil Painting.

The south coast boasts some of the most spectacular scenery in WA so, we will be spoilt for choice for subjects to paint.:thumbsup:

Well, I'd better sign off. It's realy great to be back again.

Kind regards

John

I also answered but can't find that now.:eek: Anyway, Welcome back and I'll look forward to seeing your wonderful new paintings. It looks as if you have moved to a beautiful spot, great views.
I think I need some coffee before I mess anything else up...:rolleyes:

Pat

LJW
01-12-2008, 10:59 AM
Welcome to the Oil Pastel forum. That's a beautiful scene, great colours in the rocks. Hope to see some of your OPs soon. Jane

Zoe Butler
01-13-2008, 06:50 AM
Thanks for the welcome Pat & Jane!

Regards

John