PDA

View Full Version : blockx colors

hblenkle
06-17-2002, 08:44 PM
i have read some threads about different paints and would like to try blockx. my basic palette includes cad. yellow light, cad. orange, cad. red light, permanent rose, ultramarine blue, and cerulean blue in winton oils. when going to a better grade of paints i realize some specified color is different in the other brand. i could use some advice what would be a good match for permanent rose of winton's line. i would appreciate any advice.

Einion
06-18-2002, 11:57 PM
This thread might be of help:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16355

Permanent Rose is the rose form of PV19, Quinacridone Rose, Blockx's Rose Lake might be this, although the pigment W&N use would be hard to beat, try it and see. If you're buying online be sure to visit the site and have a look at the swatches, at least this will give you some idea of the colours.

Einion

hblenkle
06-19-2002, 11:09 AM
thank you. that is the information i wanted. i will probably start with a set of the primaries and white to see if i like blockx enough to switch brands. if i like it then i just need the other part of the warm and cold primary pallette and a couple earth colors.

cobalt fingers
06-19-2002, 07:11 PM
You might consider all the brands and their reputations and find one you like. This one is famous for being good paint...it has certain traits for sure.