PDA

View Full Version : Please Take a Look at my Updated Website

ChrisF2
01-01-2008, 06:02 PM
I've spent the better part of my Christmas break updating my site.

I would really, really, really, really appreciate it if I could get some feedback if you have some time. I may not make immediate changes, but I will take the advice and store the info for further changes.

I did purchase Web Expressions, which I'm still learning, so another change may be in the works but not until the summer. I do like the way you can apply CSS, but I'm still a dummy on that stuff. I think I need to take a class.

So, currently there are about 362 items listed, all lampwork related, plus the sterling silver large hole beads.

I still have two tubs of finished jewelry to take images of, but that will have to wait for the time being.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

LouiseI
01-03-2008, 12:56 PM
Hi Chris - from one css challenged person to another - I hear you! I start reading that stuff and my brain just turns to mush, which is really frustrating because I can usually grasp things!

I looked at your site - you HAVE been busy! That is a LOT of information to set up AND get working! Congratulations on everything you've got on the go, that is an exciting business.

I went to several pages and everything that I saw is working the way it should. I didn't find any weird text or picture glitches anywhere. I'm looking at it with Firefox.

I know from experience what a big job it can be, and sometimes it seems like a whole day disappears trying to get one little thing the way it should be.

From a design perspective I think it would look nicer without the grey background - that's just a personal thing, and I can understand that the functionality is much more important if you are selling things! Also I want to know about you up front! You were hidden down near the bottom of the page ;) - Just a thought but would it be easy to put some links in under the main header for things like your bio and contact info?

Good luck with everything :wave:

ChrisF2
01-06-2008, 10:27 AM
Louise, thank for the feedback. Ok, I put in my little image of myself and put the about me at the top, and changed all the backgrounds to white.

Now, I'm going to rest a bit.

Thanks again,
Chris

LouiseI
01-06-2008, 06:07 PM
Ahhh YES!!! I like that :D

ChrisF2
01-07-2008, 08:33 AM
Thanks again Louise!

Chris

airwynnglass
02-05-2008, 06:57 PM
I like how your Etsy listings are along the side of the home page!!! Catches the buyers eye I think!

Great job!

sonshyne
02-19-2008, 11:42 PM
Chris I love it!!
Cyber hugs,
Rae