PDA

View Full Version : The Oil Gusher Dec. 31 - Jan. 6

Pat Isaac
12-31-2007, 09:25 AM
Good morning everyone,

It's the last day of 2007, hard to believe. Another rainy and snowy day, but no accumulation.
We are just having some friends in for dinner tonight to bring in the new year. Wishing you all a bright and peaceful eve.
So come in and share your joys, concerns...or just the day to day routine and lets get aquainted.

Have a great day:) :) :)

Pat

Shirl Parker
12-31-2007, 02:11 PM
Yesterday, my winter visitors came to stay. I have one side of my house rented out for both January and February to separate visitors. The ones that arrived first are from Ontario

It's always a little hectic when they come, telling them all the ins and outs of the apartment and how everything works. Last year I had just one couple for four months, and the year before one couple for two months. They are always people who are friends of others I know, so it's not like getting strangers.

My dog Pearl is adapting very well. This is the time of year when there are lots of folks passing by on the golf course (I look out on the 2nd tee of a 9-hole course). She barks, but she seems to be getting used to them.

New Years Eve is my least favorite holiday, except that it puts an end to all that Christmas nuttiness. Now I can go shopping again.

May this next year be the best ever.

Shirl

Pat Isaac
12-31-2007, 02:37 PM
How nice you are able to have visitors for the winter months. They must be getting away from the cold and snow. Are you near the water?
I was out grocery shopping today and there are still a lot of people in the stores.
It is a nice sunny aft. now.

Pat

Shirl Parker
12-31-2007, 03:09 PM
Yes, we are 25 miles from the Gulf of Mexico and South Padre Island. Population increases tremendously Jan-Mar with influx of Canadians and those in the upper reaches of US like Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio.

Shirl

LJW
12-31-2007, 07:56 PM
Just to wish everyone the best in 2008. Jane

CarlyHardy
12-31-2007, 08:17 PM
Happy New Year everyone!

This past year has been one of the busiest ever for me....so I hope that 2008 will be a bit slower paced!

My granddaughter, Sophie Noelle, arrived on the 13th, as some of you know and she has been such a joy this Christmas. I can barely remember my daughter's first few weeks because I was very sick, so taking care of Sophie has been so much fun! She spent the night last night for the first time and now I have a whole list of new stuff that I need to get for "Mimi's house". That's my grandmother name...lol! A rocking chair is my first purchase!

Let's make this a great painting year!!
carly

Pat Isaac
01-01-2008, 08:28 AM
Rocking chairs are a must.....how interesting as my grandchildren call me "mimi" also.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE

Pat

AnnieA
01-01-2008, 01:09 PM
Carly...or perhaps I should have said Mimi :D: Congrats on the birth of your granddaughter! Please post pictures!!! :)

Pat and Jane, and all the members of the OP Forum: Best wishes for a very
Happy New Year!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Mar-2007/85002-champagne_toast.gif

...and hoping that 2008 will be the best year yet for OP painting and everything else!

Pat Isaac
01-01-2008, 01:19 PM
Thanks, Annie. That champagne has gone on for a long time. :lol:

Pat

wabbitt
01-01-2008, 01:38 PM
Hi everyone! Happy New Year, I hope everyone is healty, safe, and warm.

The winds are back in So. Calif. and I have already watched the live Rose Bowl Parade on TV, now on rerun. I'll probably be on and off the computer all day...still trying to conquer Photoshop. And I'm hosting this week's scavenger hunt. Who knows, I might attempt the Monthly Challenge today too. I just plan to enjoy my last day off in a while. The new semester starts next Monday.

AngelaF
01-01-2008, 01:57 PM
:wave:
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!
I am wishing myself and everyone at our great OP Forum a great painting year!!!!

Angela

LJW
01-02-2008, 01:00 PM
I'm going to be taking a break from the OP forum for a few days starting tomorrow. Our elderly dog, Freddie, isn't doing so well, and we are taking him to the vets tomorrow. I don't know how we'll fare, but I'm afraid that he might have a brain tumor and have to be put down. That, coupled with my not taking any time off from my Guide position since I started in June, means I need a break. Thanks for your understanding. Jane

Pat Isaac
01-02-2008, 04:10 PM
My thoughts and concern are with you. This is a difficult situation with a beloved pet. Take care and I'll miss you.

Pat

Shirl Parker
01-02-2008, 05:06 PM
I'll miss you too Jane, and feel sad for your loss.

Shirl

wabbitt
01-02-2008, 06:39 PM
I'll miss you, Jane. We'll be here to welcome you back.

Pat Isaac
01-05-2008, 05:23 PM
I finally took all the Christmas decorations down today and I have actually spent the last 3 days at my studio. We are now in for a warming trend, 60 degrees by Monday. I guess this is the traditional January thaw, albeit a little early. I'll take it.
Our whole group of artists that moved into various places when we were ousted are still a group, though in various places. We will be having a reunion show in February. I am on the committee working on this and we are all quite excited.
I am now working on new work and have so many ideas of things I want to...hmmmm.
Have a great weekend.

Pat

Zoe Butler
01-12-2008, 03:06 AM
Hi Pat

Wishing everyone a great New Year!

Not sure if anyone will remember Zoe and I but it's nice to be back on WetCanvas again after a long absence. :wave:

Lots of things to report since we last posted.

I have taken early retirement and Zoe and we have moved down to Albany on the south coast of Western Australia. Much milder climate down here and certainly more conducive to artistic activities. Perthsweltered in 40C (111F) temperatures on Christmas Day and Boxing Day, while down in Albany, we retirees enjoyed temps in the mid 20C's.:smug:

Due to the big move, we hadn't done much in the way of painting for a while but, now that we have lots of spare time on our hands, we are getting back to our art and plan to join a couple of the local art groups, when they resume in February. Zoe and I spent last week at Summer School learning new artistic techniques. She did Texture & Staining, while I did Oil Painting.

The south coast boasts some of the most spectacular scenery in WA so, we will be spoilt for choice for subjects to paint.:thumbsup:

Well, I'd better sign off. It's realy great to be back again.

Kind regards

John

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Jan-2008/81004-LightBeachlookingeast.JPG

Pat Isaac
01-12-2008, 08:20 AM
Happy New Year to you also and welcome back John and Zoe.....nice to hear from you again.:wave: It looks as if you have moved to a beautiful spot and I will look forward to seeing your paintings.
Is it mild there all year long? and are you near Melbourne?
We are having what they call around here a January thaw. It has been very nice with temps in the 50 to 60 degree range. It has melted all the snow but now it is turning older and snow will return in a few days. Nice while it lasted.

Pat