PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil.

paintbrush1974
12-30-2007, 07:50 AM
Hi

i posted in watercolour ..but need to post here really...is this too over worked to go anyfurther?.......id like to build up the muscle texture/tone in the arms..all tips are appreciated.

Karen.

painterbear
12-30-2007, 08:24 AM
Karen,
This looks like a movie poster or a book cover, but I'm not familiar with the title or person.

I think her eyes and demeanor are mesmerizing. The background is really well done too. The only thing that bothers me about her left arm is that from the elbow down through her hand, it looks very masculine, not just a strong feminine arm. It doesn't seem in proper proportion with the rest of her body. Not sure if there is any way to alter it at this point.

Sylvia

JudiPatooti
01-02-2008, 08:40 PM
You didn't mention what type of paper you're working on in this post, although I do remember seeing this picture elsewhere awhile ago. I would think you can still add more glazes to bring out the muscles that you want to.

If you are using Arches 140 lb. or heavier paper you can also think about scrubbing out some lights in the right places on the arms which will leave the other areas darker and that will make the muscles also more defined. I LOVE my Fritch Scrubbers for scrubbing. They are made specifically for doing this and come in various sizes and shapes now. Using a light touch with them is imperative, though!

Good luck with it!

Judi

paintbrush1974
01-03-2008, 07:52 PM
now... i have tried the scrubbing tech for other things as lightly as poss!..and it looked a complete mess!..but i will practice this as i might have scrubbed too hard..need to practice..

the paper was not surface 300gms the langton..i try to use as many diff types of paper as poss ..though it seems hot pressed is the surface people like my paintings in!

karen