PDA

View Full Version : Forms for release?

Elankat
06-17-2002, 12:10 AM
I tried to look through the threads to see if this information had been posted already, but I got tired of looking and the search engine didn't help much.

Does anyone have a template or know of where I can obtain a template for a model release form and a form that covers permission to use someone else's photo?

geckonia
06-17-2002, 01:02 AM
Hi LeAnne,

Here's a model release (http://www.dpcorner.com/all_about/releases.shtml) I found and the link to a very simple one (http://www.dpcorner.com/all_about/releases2.shtml#Permission) (I did a google search). I'll see if I can find a photography release form too.

Humm, I couldn't find a release form for a image/photograph, and I'm not a lawyer, but here's some language that may help you write your own form. I hope this helps. Maybe someone else knows of a site where these types of forms are available for artists to download.

I ____________(Name of Photographer) hereby assign and grant to _______(Your Name) all rights to create a derivative work based on my photograph(s) __________ in whole or in part. I hereby waive my right to inspect and/or approve the finished product. I release ____________(Your Name) from any copyright infringement.

I have read the foregoing release and warrant that I fully understand the contents.

Signature of ________________(Name of Photographer)
________________ (date)

Elankat
06-17-2002, 02:45 PM
Thanks Geckonia. :)

coyote
06-17-2002, 08:47 PM
here's one that I use:

MODEL RELEASE AND CONSENT
for Photography, Video, Artistic Rendering and/or Information

I, ______________________________________, for the good and valuable consideration of $___________ paid to me by [Artist's Name], receipt of which is acknowledged, consent for all purposes to the reproduction and/or use of photographs, video and/or artistic rendering of me and/or information I have provided during interviews with [Artist's Name], with or without the use of my name, by [Artist's Name] or by any periodical or other publication in all forms and media and in all manners, including advertising, trade, display, editorial art and exhibition. In giving this consent, I release [Artist's Name] from liability for any violation of any personal or proprietary right I may have in connection with such reproduction or use. I am more than eighteen years of age.

Signed___________________________ Date____________________________

Phone_________________________________

tammy
07-31-2002, 12:52 AM
Tad Crawfords book" Legal Guide for the Visual Artist
' has many sample forms such as these in it.