GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: "C'mon, It's My Tu<br> Now"
Year Created: 2007
Medium: Oil
Surface: Board
Dimension: 12X16
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
A painting I put together of my grandaughters boogie boarding at the beach.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I'm wondering about the water and possibly the large open space in the lower right. Should I add something there?<br> Any other comments more than welcome.

nanavatip
12-29-2007, 12:17 AM
it looks great, i do think it is a bit empty...maybe some pebbles or some uneven sand ..or something
but it looks really amazing

KYRed
12-29-2007, 01:53 AM
I recall the beaches on the islands off south Georgia. No pepples. Just pure and soft sand, albeit, hot sometimes. I like the way you captured the energy of the sea. Good contrast on the girl walking on the left. Interesting how you made a definite cutoff between the water and the sand with the dark line. I like dark lines. I think you did well on the reflection on the wet sand as well.

freeskier89
12-29-2007, 02:33 AM
I like this! The edge along the water is really nice. The reflections and the shadows are executed superbly and I like how the waves do not draw too much attention away from the subject.

If I had to change anything I would make the bottom a bit warmer and make the top a little a darker. I think that subtle gradients in a piece can help so much. Maybe something like this?
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Dec-2007/126656-108422_jal4.jpg

Again, Great work! You portrayed the mood of the scene very well!

creodont
12-29-2007, 02:43 AM
Thats neat freeskier, the idea works well and very believable. either way it is a very wonderful and exciting painting.I would probably of said something like add a sharks fin or something like that.The only other thing is footsteps in the sand getting smothered by the waves. Well done again Flint I'm going to have to go to the beach side and paint a bit to......john

thomas w
12-29-2007, 08:35 AM
Another good one, I especially like how you handled the beach and the reflections coming off it.
Thomas W

Jose Paul
12-29-2007, 09:49 AM
I like the reflections, and the posture of the body that clearly indicates impatience.

kathrynlovespets
12-29-2007, 12:24 PM
the person on the left isnt entirely accurate (realistic)...but the water and beach are well painted...I especially like the way you handled the ocean water

D.W. Flint
12-30-2007, 07:27 PM
Nanavatip,Kyred,Freeskier,Creodant,Thomas, Jose & Kate,
Thank you all for looking at this and taking the time to respond. As usual, you all gave me a lot to think about and consider.
Thanks, Flint

Jagjaw
12-30-2007, 11:24 PM
You painted the water beautifully. I like how you captured the emotion of your grand daughter in the water. She looks like she is having so much fun!

D.W. Flint
12-30-2007, 11:31 PM
Thank you Jagjaw and welcome to WC.You painted the water beautifully. I like how you captured the emotion of your grand daughter in the water. She looks like she is having so much fun!