PDA

View Full Version : Forgotten rule #3

Terry G.
12-27-2007, 09:14 AM
Forgotten rule #3

I havenít picked up a pen in two and half months since the lung operation.

So Christmas day while waiting for our wayward son to show up I decided to "play" with a picture I had in mind of a fishing buddy -
(what you expected something else besides something fishing related ?).

Anyway I get the picture laid out and start inking it.

After a while the wife comes over and shakes me on the shoulder (thatís a no-no), I look up and she says, "BREATH SILLY, YOUR TURNING A LIGHT BLUE!"

soooo gasp, gasp, gulp..gasp
ok she and i thought it was funny..you guys have a happy New Year.

PVHooper
12-27-2007, 10:18 AM
well I suppose I have heard of getting lost in a piece, but forgetting to breath thats a first, you take care now buddy and have a glorious new year and must say I breathed a sigh of relief when I heard you were recovering.

Sandy K
12-27-2007, 11:32 AM
Well Terry, told ya Christmas you would start.

Easter, you will be a Tiger..................It takes a long time to fully heal. The time seemed like years for me even though it was only a few months.

Eat healthy, sleep healthy, and please breathe when you draw....lol

I hope you have a wonderful New Years. 2008 is gonna be your year!!!!

devs66
12-27-2007, 04:00 PM
Terry - At least the wife decided to remind you - otherwise you would have been in deep trouble.

Draw some breath once in a while - It will make a change from drawing fish - but be happy doing both.

DBSullivan
12-27-2007, 06:33 PM
Terry, I've already forgotten to eat, and I've definitely ignored sleep, but I can't say the breathing thing ever escaped me. So... is this what I have to look forward to???

It's nice to hear that your doin okay. :thumbsup: Don't push too hard and remember.... in through the nose, out through the mouth! :p

objectivistartist
12-27-2007, 07:34 PM
and remember.... in through the nose, out through the mouth! yep - all those hairs in there for a reason, to filter, not to just look nasty....:eek::lol::lol:

valchina612
12-28-2007, 08:55 AM
It's so good to hear you're inking again Terry, and if it's any consolation, I've been having trouble with the breathing thing for quite a few years. It usually only happens when I'm drawing and painting -- I get so involved in what I'm doing that my breathing gets more and more shallow as time goes by, and then suddenly I give a great big gasp to fill my lungs again -- it's all very automatic. So my friend, I know exactly what you're talking about. Looking so forward to seeing your first comeback drawing.

Val. :wave:

Ranger Dan
12-28-2007, 02:25 PM
I forget which forgotten rule this is, but I often forget to take my head, especially when heading (pun intended) for work!

Terry G.
12-28-2007, 03:47 PM
well here it is so far, boy gata tell ya i feel "rusty", only 2 hrs in to the picture.
oh and the "tv guide" scrap of paper is my scratch pad and ink blotter of sorts..
humm seems the photo washed out a bit after resizing

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Dec-2007/97970-paul01.gif

elaine321
12-29-2007, 06:18 PM
Great to have you back Terry!!! Great picture too.
Somehow I don't think the colour blue would suit you so listen to your wife!
women know best.

Its only Steve !!
12-29-2007, 06:40 PM
I look up and she says, "BREATH SILLY, YOUR TURNING A LIGHT BLUE!"

soooo gasp, gasp, gulp..gasp
ok she and i thought it was funny..you guys have a happy New Year.

G'day Terry thats a classic mate,i can totally relate to that one.I often get so deeply into my work that i forget to breathe.Funny but true:lol:
Thanks for sharing.

fleming13
12-29-2007, 07:44 PM
Keep us posted and nice to see you back drawing. Good choice in pens too, just got mine back out and cleaned up. :thumbsup: Forgot how much I like them.